Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help please with hdd

Options
  • 26-11-2012 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I have a HDD and i tried to change it frm FAT to FAT32 (i think) and as a result i can no longer see it on my computer. I hear it connect and disconnect When I connect the USB cable but i cant see it. i may have found it in device manager but i cant change it back.

I would very much appreciat any ones Help on this matter

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

tonyheaney wrote: »
    I have a HDD and i tried to change it frm FAT to FAT32 (i think) and as a result i can no longer see it on my computer. I hear it connect and disconnect When I connect the USB cable but i cant see it. i may have found it in device manager but i cant change it back.

I would very much appreciat any ones Help on this matter

Right click My Computer>Manage>disk Management, does it show up in here? If it does reformat it to NTFS then use something like this. Of course formatting will erase all data on the drive

Nick

Advertisement