Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line speed

Options
  • 26-11-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have been with Eircom for +8 years, happy overall. Now, I want to upgrade to faster broadband. Currently I am on a 8mb plan and I would like to move to a 24mb plan.

However, I tried to do this 1 year ago and I was told that my line would only support 12mb, but it should be upgraded. Off course there is no point in me paying for 24mb if I can only get a max speed of 12mb.

Can you please advise what the current speed my line supports?

Please let me know what details you need.

Thanks,

Gustavo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

gzoladz wrote: »
    Hello,

I have been with Eircom for +8 years, happy overall. Now, I want to upgrade to faster broadband. Currently I am on a 8mb plan and I would like to move to a 24mb plan.

However, I tried to do this 1 year ago and I was told that my line would only support 12mb, but it should be upgraded. Off course there is no point in me paying for 24mb if I can only get a max speed of 12mb.

Can you please advise what the current speed my line supports?

Please let me know what details you need.

Thanks,

Gustavo

Hi Gustavo

I have checked your line from a previous case and the last test result done on 17/10/12 shows the maximum capability speed your line can hold is "up to" 17mbs. As your current package is "up to" 8mbs (NGB regular) with an unlimited download allowance our next broadband package up from this is "up to" 24mbs (NGB Ultimate). If you wish to upgrade to NGB ultimate I can arrange this here for you, however the speed may vary between 12-17mbs, the full 17mb is not absolutely guaranteed . Let me know if you would like me to arrange this upgrade for you.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks Linda - what price can you offer given the limitation in the infrastructure.

I would be happy to stay with Eircom but not to pay for up to 24 if my line can only support up to 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks Linda - what price can you offer given the limitation in the infrastructure.

I would be happy to stay with Eircom but not to pay for up to 24 if my line can only support up to 17.

Hi Gustavo,

I appreciate your point, however when packages are introduced. They have to have set peramiters. Broadband speed is never guaranteed as it is subject to line, distance or exchange limitations.

The "Up to 24MB packages" are available as an option to customers where line line is capable of more than 12MB on both standard and NGB packages. So it is a way for eircom to try and offer as much option to customer on the existing network.

Thanks, Mark

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi gzoladz, count yourself lucky.
    Im still stuck on 3mb with nothing in sight of any possible improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi gzoladz, count yourself lucky.
    Im still stuck on 3mb with nothing in sight of any possible improvement.

+1 I'm stuck with 2mb.New cables laid on my road sometime ago and still a max of 2mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Guys, try digiweb.

Eircom told me i could only have 1mb in my area, but digiweb gave me 8mb (7mb actual on speedtests), while using eircom lines.
    There's clearly a problem with Eircom being able to accurately fortell line speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Hi Gustavo,

I appreciate your point, however when packages are introduced. They have to have set peramiters. Broadband speed is never guaranteed as it is subject to line, distance or exchange limitations.

The "Up to 24MB packages" are available as an option to customers where line line is capable of more than 12MB on both standard and NGB packages. So it is a way for eircom to try and offer as much option to customer on the existing network.

Thanks, Mark

Thank you Mark, I will think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thank you Mark, I will think about it.

No problem.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement