Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop freezing on me randomly

Options
  • 26-11-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi everyone

my Toshiba Satellite is starting to freeze on me. its boots up fine into the os but then when i try doing something it freezes straight away and i may have to wait a few min before something actually happens. i have tried using safe mode and it work fine.

any help on solving this problem would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have you got anti virus and anti spyware installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mobyfitz20

i do but i can't even access my anti virus. its taking so long to open it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Open up in safe mode plus networking and run the antivirus

thank you very much for the quick reply. i will try that right now and i'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

mobyfitz20 wrote: »
    hi everyone

my Toshiba Satellite is starting to freeze on me. its boots up fine into the os but then when i try doing something it freezes straight away and i may have to wait a few min before something actually happens. i have tried using safe mode and it work fine.

any help on solving this problem would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Do you have one or two antivirus products installed ?

• Advertisement

could u recommend a good anti spyware to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

mobyfitz20 wrote: »
    could u recommend a good anti spyware to download?

Malwarebytes and Superantispyware are two good free options. Just google them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

In regards to you not being able to continue with a workable system in normal mode before it freezes.

I recommend that you go into safe-mode with networking and when windows loads up, Go into google and type in... Malwarebytes filehippo or download it direct here... http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ and just download the latest version from the top right of that site to your documents (not the desktop as screen resolution will be too low and icons too large and you might not see it if you have too many icons on your desktop).

Malwarebytes installs/scans and will update in Safe-mode with networking so try that and do a full scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Cork981

Sounds like some heavy application is starting up go and open the program 'run' you can do this in safe mode or wait till it becomes responsive then type msconfig into the run program and hit enter now on the new menu go to startup and untick any applications you don't want to load on start up or anything you don't recognise

Advertisement