Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever made Ricotta ?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

I was watching Barefoot Contessa and she made ricotta, omg it looks so simple. Has anyone made it themselves ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Yeah, I have. Well, it's technically somewhere between cottage cheese and ricotta, but it's unbelievably simple to do, and extremely tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Im going to try it next week. Did you use vinegar or lemon juice to curdle it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I made this simple homemade cheese before - it was the easiest recipe I could find, and tasted very nice:
    http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2009/02/quick-homemade-cheese.html
    I used Tesco lemon juice from a bottle, the one that's around a euro: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250428970

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

foodaholic wrote: »
    Im going to try it next week. Did you use vinegar or lemon juice to curdle it ?

Lemon juice. I also got a hold of some unpasteurised milk when I made my second batch of it. Made feck all difference to it, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Honey-ec wrote: »

Lemon juice. I also got a hold of some unpasteurised milk when I made my second batch of it. Made feck all difference to it, tbh.

Typical !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I made paneer which was quite similar. I used milk that was about to turn and lemon juice. It was really easy

Advertisement