Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No modding in the Roads forum?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

What is happening with the Modding of the Roads forum?

The listed Mods do not seem to have been active for at least a couple of weeks, and RPs are not being acted on.

Also, no response from CMods.

What's the story?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

My response is:

We have a roads forum?

I think CMods are generally quite busy, so give them time to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

No response from anyone, either in the roads forum or here.

What do you suppose is a reasonable time to wait for a reply to RPs, PMs and this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

wait. we have a roads forum?

:D

a few days is not too much to expect to wait, RL gets in the way sometimes and being volunteers we cant expect our mods/cmods/admins to respond instantly.

however, there is modding. a post was infracted on the 24th. when you say that RPs are not being acted on, you mean that posts you have reported are not acted on. it could well be that the mods or cmods have seen your report and have decided that action is not warranted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

LoLth wrote: »

a few days is not too much to expect to wait, RL gets in the way sometimes and being volunteers we cant expect our mods/cmods/admins to respond instantly.

however, there is modding. a post was infracted on the 24th. when you say that RPs are not being acted on, you mean that posts you have reported are not acted on. it could well be that the mods or cmods have seen your report and have decided that action is not warranted?

Obviously all roads don't lead to the Roads forum! :)

I just checked the thread, and a post dated Nov 24 has indeed been infracted (which is not the same thing as saying that the post was infracted on the same date).

With regard to your question in bold above, the answer is another question: who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

LoLth wrote: »

I infracted the post in question, on foot of a reported post and then a PM regarding the absence of Mods, and have infracted a couple of posts today.

However, this is seagull modding rather than proper modding, and I'm reluctant to take it too far given that I don't have an official AFK from the forum mods. Every forum has, as we constantly remind people, their own ethos, and I'm not all that happy applying my rules to the Roads forum except where posts are clearly out of line.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
Advertisement