Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants close to National Rehabilitation Hospital

Options
  • 26-11-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for somewhere nice to eat near the hospital. Going to visit a friend and take him out for dinner but we don't know the area at all so don't want to venture too far away. Nothing too fancy just good decent food in a nice setting were we can sit for a couple of hours...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

There is a few pubs that do food nearby. The Grange is nice but can be very busy. I think Bakers Corner also does food.Bakers corner is on the same road as the hospital down by the Garda Station. Other than that you could go down to Dun Laoighaire itself for food. Plenty of options down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

The other direction is the Rochestown hotel and the Graduate pub. Nice cafes in Cabinteely at the end of Johnstown ave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Walking or driving?

Walking you really only have Bakers Corner, driving you have Dun Laoghaire or Dalkey within 5 to 7 minutes.

I haven't been for some time, but the Graduate used to do a nice carvery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Baker's Corner I would second for pub grub or the nearby Rochestown Lodge hotel has a restaurant if you want something a little bit fancier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

There is also a Chinese in Killiney Shopping Centre and one in Deansgrange, just up from the Grange Pub, and another in Cabinteely village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Used to live in the area. I think the nicest food around there would be in the restaurant in the Rochestown Lodge. Not too pricey either.
    The Graduate also does very good pub grub.
    I don't think the Chinese in the shopping centre is all that great.
    Also I don't think Baker's Corner is really all that good for food.

McCormacks in Monkstown used to do a nice carvery. And you could venture down to Monkstown village for FxB's and other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Was in Alexis in Dun Laoghaire for first time recently, really enjoyed it.
    http://www.alexis.ie/lunch.html

I really like the Indian food in the eagle house in glasthule too, very reasonable and as it's a pub you won't be rushed out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

gg2 wrote: »
    Hi guys looking for somewhere nice to eat near the hospital. Going to visit a friend and take him out for dinner but we don't know the area at all so don't want to venture too far away. Nothing too fancy just good decent food in a nice setting were we can sit for a couple of hours...

I think a lot will depend on what time of the day you go..Mc Cormacks is probably the best pub grub locally but there are a few nice restaurants in the Cresent in Monkstown including Avoca which is open now in the evening..As someone else said if driving you have Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey and Blackrock/Monkstown all within easy driving distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Thanks a million for all the suggestions guys, it will prob be early evening- 4/5 ish and we're good to drive a short distance away

• Advertisement

Could i just ask another quick question!? How long roughly would it take to get from city centre to rochestown ave on the 7 bus?

It would be quicker getting the 46A from town and walking from Baker's Corner. It is a quicker getting there than the 7, as the 7 goes through Blackrock/Dun Laoire.

Edit:Depending on time of day but at best: 46A from Nassau Street to Bakers would be about 40 minutes, 7 from Nassau Street to Rochestown Avenue would be about 70 minutes

Thats great thanks. A friend of ours is coming to meet us who isn't familiar with Dublin either. so trying to schedule everything! Any idea of fair and if exact change is needed? Not familiar with Dublin bus at all.

Looking at dublin bus for details, see here

I'd say your fare would be €2.65 each way.

Exact change is required but if you have too much they give you back details of the overpay which you can then redeem in Dublin Bus on O'Connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cabinteely Village, The Horse and Hound Pub or Trentuno restaurant, 5 mins in the car from the Rehab Hosp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

gg2 wrote: »
    Could i just ask another quick question!? How long roughly would it take to get from city centre to rochestown ave on the 7 bus?

The 7 leaves you beside the Rochestown Lodge Hotel, but a good 10 mins walk from NRH, if walking is an issue get Dart to Dún Laoghaire then 45A leaves you 2 mins walk from NRH

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Your friend could get the Dart to Dun Laoghaire and you meet up at the Hen House, Cafe Mao or Gourmet Burger?

Advertisement