Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College deferral choices

Options
  • 26-11-2012 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hi, so i had to defer my college course this year due to illness and the college granted me the deferral to next year, I was doing a level 8 course and i am happy to keep doing it, But i was thinking maybe i could drop down to the level 7 of the same course because its 3 years instead of 4 and i could always add the final year on to make it a level 8 later, My question is it possible to do this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Really the best thing to do would be to speak to the college as it is up to them. Just check into how changing to the level 7 might affect your funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Really the best thing to do would be to speak to the college as it is up to them. Just check into how changing to the level 7 might affect your funding.

ah right seems the right thing to do i guess, just wondering tho, when you say funding what do you mean? sorry if its obvious i dont really understand this college stuff (mature student)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

ah right seems the right thing to do i guess, just wondering tho, when you say funding what do you mean? sorry if its obvious i dont really understand this college stuff (mature student)

If you have already put down a year in college and received fees etc you may not be eligible for fee/ funding if you repeat any part of the year. You just need to check it out with the college. :)

Advertisement