Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking issue

Options
  • 26-11-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi, we need a bit of advise in relation to parking issue.
    We moved in to a new neighbourhood recently, we have a small driveway but its big enough to park 2 cars. Its a disc parking along the road though we have double yellow lines between each driveway with the neighbours that to stop other vehicles blocking our way.
    However our neighbour and we believe its a rented property who like to park along the footpath and right on top of the yellow lines and in a few occasional they blocked our driveway. We have been nice to them and ask them gently to move away from us. But that wouldn't stop them to park on the yellow lines and the last two weeks we have to ask them to move their car on a daily basis.
    My partner and I are sick of asking them everyday and we are wondering is that a way to stop this?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The gardai will tow any car blocking a drive. My brother lives near dundrum DNS us for ever getting blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭seamusmacc

ted1 wrote: »
    The gardai will tow any car blocking a drive. My brother lives near dundrum DNS us for ever getting blocked

Thanks ted1, though we don't want to go down the road, not just yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Put a fake clamp on their wheel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Liberate Find a few discarded traffic cones and add them to the double yellows, or place a few large stones on the verge

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If there's disc parking along the road that means it must be visited by parking wardens, if they enforce the parking hours they will enforce any other violations like the double yellow lines. Report it to the Parking office in Dublin City Council or Dun Laoire Council, whichever one you live in. a couple of tickets or a clamping will deal with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Larbre34 wrote: »
    If there's disc parking along the road that means it must be visited by parking wardens,
    Councils are loathe to enforce on residential streets, but will if there are complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Larbre34 wrote: »
    If there's disc parking along the road that means it must be visited by parking wardens, if they enforce the parking hours they will enforce any other violations like the double yellow lines. Report it to the Parking office in Dublin City Council or Dun Laoire Council, whichever one you live in. a couple of tickets or a clamping will deal with it
    Agree with this. If it's disc parking, it's the council's responsibility to deal with this, not the responsibility of the Gardai.

In theory the council in question should be happy to enforce this. Clamping fees are a nice money-maker for them. But sometimes they need a reminder of their responsibilities...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A car blocking a drive will be moved by the gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'd give them one last warning, then call the Gardai to enforce the double-yellow lines. Make sure the cars parked in your own driveway aren't blocking the path. Some people forget that they only own the bit of the driveway as far as the wall/boundary, not the bit that extends across the path.

Advertisement