Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

winter gloves

• 26-11-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

lads after a very very wet run from mallow to clifden yesterday evening, i reckon i need some proper waterproof gloves, i have a pair of buffalo storm gloves at the minute which, were to be honest, fecking useless. whats everyone else using?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yeah, Buffalo are pretty sh!te TBH. I have a couple of pairs of gloves for winter. For general wet weather (showers etc.) I have Alpinestars Jet Road. Great glove, have them a few years, never any problems. For monsoon conditions, I have Dainese D-Dry. They have an inner and outer layer. They really are fantastic.

I'm sure you'll get a few more suggestions in a bit....but they're what I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

serious3 wrote: »
    lads after a very very wet run from mallow to clifden yesterday evening, i reckon i need some proper waterproof gloves, i have a pair of buffalo storm gloves at the minute which, were to be honest, fecking useless. whats everyone else using?

I use Richa SubZero gloves great gloves. I am thinking of getting a pair of Richa Polar or a pair of Hein Gericke Blader gloves.

I travel from Galway to Renvyle a few times a week and find my Richa gloves great but they are showing their age and my Hein Gericke gear is amazing

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I have a few different pairs of Richa gloves and they're all great in the wet. I have a pair of RST ones which are also good but the velcro is **** on them, I've only had them a few weeks and the velcro is already coming away from the glove :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

ok off to ebay i go..... thanks for the replies!

Try E's in Galway, great shop and prices are as good as anywhere on the net

• Advertisement

I have a few different pairs of Richa gloves and they're all great in the wet.

Oh yeah, the Richa Storm are a great glove!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have a few pairs like everyone else but for everyday riding I have the alpinstars 365 and they are brilliant for all but the very COLDEST temps. Then I have a pair of Hein Gericke xtra-fit winter gloves that are warmer and no lose off feel of the controls.

I would strongly recommend getting the warmest THINNEST gloves you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

the best badweather gloves I ever used came from tkmaxx, ski gloves they were.. brilliant! just give them a belt of some tent proofer from time to time and they're great, good dexterity- warm, snug fit, usually a pocket and a lot cheaper than equivalent biker gloves... either that or get bar mitts.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jeremyr62

IME all gloves leak eventually. If you really want to keep your hands bone dry I can recommend these http://www.rain-off.com/. I have two pairs. It's a bit of a faff putting them on but once on they are great. They give an extra insulating layer too. The advantage is you can buy cheaper gloves and rely on these for the rain protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I've a pair of Rayven gloves I've had for about 6 years now. Got them when I started on bikes. They're always warm enough and have never let in a drop of water and I'm on the bike every day, all year round, so they've seen some bad weather.

Don't even know where they came from originally. Think I might have borrowed them off my dad and forgotten to return them,

• Advertisement

i was thinking that a pair of the sealskinz winter cold weather gloves might do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bar mitts for the win, not everyones cup of tea but you can't beat the warmth and you can use lighter weight gloves under them especially if you have heated grips.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Bar mitts for the win, not everyones cup of tea but you can't beat the warmth and you can use lighter weight gloves under them especially if you have heated grips.

They ARE brilliant, but don't work on all bikes though! I put them on the ZX9 last year and it was a nightmare. Kept hitting the kill switch when I went to brake. LOL

But I threw them on the Super Four and they worked a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chippy01

jeremyr62 wrote: »
    IME all gloves leak eventually. If you really want to keep your hands bone dry I can recommend these http://www.rain-off.com/. I have two pairs. It's a bit of a faff putting them on but once on they are great. They give an extra insulating layer too. The advantage is you can buy cheaper gloves and rely on these for the rain protection.

I have a pair of those myself. Brilliant product.
    I've gotta agree with the faffing, but you'll never get cold and wet wearing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

I have a pair of Richa Artic's, which are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Have a pair of Richa Artic, can't complain keep ya nice and warm and no issues with letting water in, even in proper Irish downpours

steveone wrote: »
    the best badweather gloves I ever used came from tkmaxx, ski gloves they were.. brilliant! just give them a belt of some tent proofer from time to time and they're great, good dexterity- warm, snug fit, usually a pocket and a lot cheaper than equivalent biker gloves... either that or get bar mitts.....

Dunno about ski gloves, but the ski socks, under armour gear are all great on bikes. I would worry that if you came off a bike with ski gloves there is nothing there to protect your knuckles and hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

OP, Visordown must have written this just for you!

TESTED: Sub-£100 All-weather gloves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The only problem with getting them online is the size. If they're too tight your hands will still be really cold, even with a deadly glove.
    And sizes vary a hell of a lot depending on manufacturer and style.

think im gonna see where i can get the richa cold protect's over here, they seem to get a good reviews, thanks for all the replies and help!

• Advertisement

think im gonna see where i can get the richa cold protect's over here, they seem to get a good reviews, thanks for all the replies and help!

Might get a set myself....PM me if you find them before me mate. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,405 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jet Roads came highly recommended to me, but when I tried the largest size it just didn't fit me right :( but IMHO Alpinestars summer gloves are the best around.

Summer gloves aren't much of a problem, XL usually fits me, but XL winter gloves never fit and XXL are almost always just fatter/wider not longer in the fingers.

Have a pair of Richas now which are just about OK, don't quite fit right and in a downpour will leak after 20 mins, but on a 30 minute commute I can live with that.

Heated grips are great though, I can wear the summer gloves on dry winter days for better protection/fit/comfort/feel. I've been wearing the winter gloves in the dry this week though, and with the heated grips on full too!

Scrap the cap!

Yeah, I have a pair of alpine star summer gloves and they're the best gloves ever made.
    If anyone knows where those Richa Cold Protects are on sale in Ireland, let us know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

I bought these:

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Revit-Orion-Gore-Tex-Winter-Gloves/SubProducts/Revit-Orion-Gore-Tex-Winter-Gloves-0001

Great in the rain, but not worth a crap in the now very cold weather we're having. I've gone back to my original aldi gloves with thin cotton inner gloves. This does a good job.(These were the very first Aldi gloves, subsequent ones were/are rubbish). I've knocked 6 yrs out of the Aldi's, best €35 i ever spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Gerbings heated gloves - expensive but worth in - the fact that I can actually type this morning after my 35 mins motorway commute is the proof that they work. My normal gloves + cold killers liners used to leave me in screaming pain and agony after this commute if the temperature dips below 6 degrees. Today with Gerbings set to medium, it was like sitting by the fire all the way.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Might get a set myself....PM me if you find them before me mate. ;)

Let me know too, they look the biz

I am still getting a pair of HELD AIR N DRY for christmas but I want a really warm pair as backup.....

Didn't Seanybiker wear no gloves? Even in winter? Hardcore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hein Gerick have 40% off their own branded gear up till Dec 24th. Some good prices on goretex gloves at the moment now. Free Delivery too or use Parcel Motel etc

• Advertisement

Is it 30% or 40% was just up there 2 weeks ago and it was all 30% HG brand?

Never mind it is 40% just checked the website....happy days.

Advertisement