Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

winter gloves

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

serious3 wrote: »
    think im gonna see where i can get the richa cold protect's over here, they seem to get a good reviews, thanks for all the replies and help!

Did you have any luck finding Richa Cold Protect gloves here? I'm lokking for some too.
    Or even Richa Artic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ebay, ~100 sterling for the richa cold protect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I think E Motorcycles in Galway have them, think I was looking at them the last day

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would love to get them online but I aint buying them before I try them on. If I knew the size that fitted me no probs.....they could be like alpinestars and the sizes be all over the shop. I have a pair of alpinestars 365 they are XXL and I tried on a set of Jet Roads and an XL fit me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

kaimera wrote: »
    ebay, ~100 sterling for the richa cold protect.

Thanks, I've seen them online but I don't know what size.
    The sizing chart suggests Medium - Large, but I tried a few pairs of gloves recently and sometimes the finger length is too short on size Large. That's a real pain on a bike, especially if the thumb is too short.

Would happily pay a bit more than the online price to buy somewhere that has a selection of sizes to try on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would love to get them online but I aint buying them before I try them on. If I knew the size that fitted me no probs.....they could be like alpinestars and the sizes be all over the shop. I have a pair of alpinestars 365 they are XXL and I tried on a set of Jet Roads and an XL fit me.
    Alpinestars sizes are mental. Had a size 9 boot that fitted perfectly, then a few years later I replaced them with the newer model. Couldn't even get my foot into a size 11. (and yes, the zips and buckles were open :D)

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Thanks, I've seen them online but I don't know what size.
    The sizing chart suggests Medium - Large, but I tried a few pairs of gloves recently and sometimes the finger length is too short on size Large. That's a real pain on a bike, especially if the thumb is too short.

Would happily pay a bit more than the online price to buy somewhere that has a selection of sizes to try on.
    Nothing worse than a glove that doesn't fit right. To big and it's hard to press buttons and your hand slides around inside them, too small and it restricts circulation and your hand freezes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I have a large in the Richa Artic, so would assume i would be a alrge in the Cold protects:rolleyes:

Assumption is the mother of all fcuk ups mate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Assumption is the mother of all fcuk ups mate....

Very true, just seen a pair on ebay but only all black, looked at the seller and it was Crossans, checked their website and they don't do Richa according to that. Might give them a buzz or see if mega bucks have them so i can at least try them on

Very true, just seen a pair on ebay but only all black, looked at the seller and it was Crossans, checked their website and they don't do Richa according to that. Might give them a buzz or see if mega bucks have them so i can at least try them on

I will blast up to Crossans with you before chrimbo M8, sure we can do the HG in Belfast aswell see have they got the stock levels up. It will be an excuse to get out and about again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

<self-interest spam>
    I have a pair of Gerbings XR12 for sale, with all the cables, wiring, fuses and controller etc - size XL, looking for €135. PM me here if anyone here is looking.
    </self-interest spam>

:o

PS: There is also a group buy going on here for Alpinestars Winter Gore-tex Gloves - nearly half price at £79.99 if they get enough buyers, which I guess they will. I bought the above Gerbings in a similar deal few weeks ago. And this is not a reference link. :)http://www.buyapowa.com/deal/1827

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

so did anyone come across anywhere where you can buy the cold protects in ireland?

me fooking hands are frozen with my high spec buffalo gloves...

Nope have seen or heard nothing, so I invested in a set of Held Air and Dry......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCc-s4xgeM
    ;)

How do you find them in the current temps?

Well I was out and about yesterday and found them alot warmer then my other winter gloves....TBH nothing is gonna keep you at room temp when out and about doing a fair pace in 2 degrees, but I was really snug in them and could just about feel the cold. What I love about them is that if the wind is blowing you can put your hand in the summer part and double up the insulation at the top of the glove to combat the air. If its just cold with no wind leave the hand in the top section....and turn on the heated grips to get your groove on!!!

Really are a very good glove, and if you watch the link in the post above the material used are highest quality, no **** at all. You will get them a bit cheaper if you go into Crossans. I got about £15 sterling off them with a harmless bit of flirting :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I have found winter gloves a bit crap. An inner glove helps a slot, but it makes the hand a bit too inflexible.

I have found winter gloves a bit crap. An inner glove helps a slot, but it makes the hand a bit too inflexible.

I got the cold killer inners and they are grand round town...but get up to 80-100k for any period of time and they are useless

I got the cold killer inners and they are grand round town...but get up to 80-100k for any period of time and they are useless

Yeah people have to be careful about the type of commute they do...if you are an hr or so from work then you are gonna get it hard in the cold unless its around the town where the wind chill is not a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

I have a pair similar to these:

146-1104-03-z+alpinestars+gore-tex-gloves.jpg

I used to have a crappy pair but got sick of the cold wet hands. Double these up with a set of hotgrips and all your worries will be over. Definately worth spending the extra bit on...

Yeah people have to be careful about the type of commute they do...if you are an hr in work then you are gonna get it hard in the cold unless its around the town where the wind chill is not a factor.

Yip...ive about 10-15 minutes of open road before i hit the city and inners are useless...

its a good thing i don't use the bike to commute at the moment :P

• Advertisement

robot7080 wrote: »
    I have a pair similar to these:

I used to have a crappy pair but got sick of the cold wet hands. Double these up with a set of hotgrips and all your worries will be over. Definately worth spending the extra bit on...

Well I have them AS 365 sitting here and while they are designed for all year round riding they deffo fall short on the cold days. There is absolute no thermal padding at all. They are just a well made leather glove with goretex membrane. I also have the grips fitted and you still could not use them in this weather for a long run....

But they are a fantastic glove but should be call Alpinestars 265 coz for the 100 days or so of winter they are useless. I have mine about 13mths now and they are still perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

45 mins on the road a day each way, 25 of it on M1 - I haven't tried a proper gore-tex glove, but I have tried inners etc, but no luck. The only thing that actually works for me is the Gerbings heated gloves. Toasty warm all the way thru even on day like today, which reminds me, I need to spray some water repellent in it again as it got soaked thru this morning.

Well I found that "GORETEX" does not make the glove warmer (and I have 3 pairs of Goretex Gloves)...its a breathable membrane which does help keep the chill out, but most if not all winter gloves (good brands) have the Goretex and an extra Thermal layer to combat the cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I have never managed to find a warm glove that actually fits me.
    Anything warm i tried on was always massive on my thumbs and too bulky on my fingers. I couldn't use my thumbs at all for the controls and couldn't grip the pars properly caus the bulky fingers.

Ive just suffered through with some basic Richa leather gloves that i would never wanna wear coming off caus they have basically no padding.

goodlad wrote: »
    I have never managed to find a warm glove that actually fits me.
    Anything warm i tried on was always massive on my thumbs and too bulky on my fingers. I couldn't use my thumbs at all for the controls and couldn't grip the pars properly caus the bulky fingers.

Ive just suffered through with some basic Richa leather gloves that i would never wanna wear coming off caus they have basically no padding.

Ahh if you take the time and go to a shop that has alot of stock you would get sorted alright Gary.

The HG gloves I did use up until now are only £60 now in HG Belfast. I paid £110 for them about 8ths ago. And they are good for all but the really cold days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ahh if you take the time and go to a shop that has alot of stock you would get sorted alright Gary.

The HG gloves I did use up until now are only £60 now in HG Belfast. I paid £110 for them about 8ths ago. And they are good for all but the really cold days.

Yeah no doubt once i get out on a proper gear shopping trip i will find the stuff.
    Apart from my boots im still using the beginner gear i bought 3 years ago.

Trying to save up the money and then just go get all new gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

have a Pair of Dainese Scouts for winter all weather use,

http://www.dainese.com/eu_en/motorbike/guanto-scout-gtx.html?cat=5&subcat=18

fantastic gloves never got wet hands with them, great at keeping the cold air out for at least the first hour .

also have these beautiful gloves in ninja green for the warmer days :D

http://www.extremesupply.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/600x600/Dainese_Gloves/Dainese_Racing_Gloves/Dainese_HellfireEVO_Racing_Gloves.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I got a pair of Hein Gericke x-trafit Goretex gloves, really thin, but I never had a cold hand. Yeah not hot but not so cod I can complain. Can really recommend them

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/motorcycle-gloves/hein-gericke-leather-x-trafit-gore-texr-glove.html

Used parcelmotel to get them delivered

Join Ireland Weather Network

Popped into the local bike shop at lunch and tried on some richa gloves. Anyone any experience with there gear other than the cold protect we mentioned earlier?

Tried on a short glove. Never worn one before. Liked the fit of it.

Loevly CBF600s in there as well :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Popped into the local bike shop at lunch and tried on some richa gloves. Anyone any experience with there gear other than the cold protect we mentioned earlier?

Only twice. Had a pair of Richa Arctic gloves and they were savage!! Very warm and comfy. I also had a pair of Richa Monsoon pants. They're like wearing sleeping bags on your legs. Toasty and dry. :D

Advertisement