Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

short term rent a TV in dublin

• 26-11-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'm looking to rent a large widescreen HiDef TV for just one night. Does anyone know of any companies that offer such a service?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Whats it for?

How much you looking to spend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This forum is for discussing the shows, not the hardware. I'll move this to the Home Entertainment forum for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Google 'av hire dublin'.

For one day you're looking at corporate hire, nobody that I'm aware of does consumer hire these days anyway.

There are plenty of companies renting large flatscreens and other A/V equipment but they're geared towards corporate conferences/product launches etc. so will be expensive (they come and install the kit) and will be charging VAT.

See the first option on this website. They're quoting 150+VAT for a one day event, delivery & collection included for a 42" plasma screen.....

http://www.audiovisual.ie/av_rental.html

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

coylemj wrote: »
    Google 'av hire dublin'.

For one day you're looking at corporate hire, nobody that I'm aware of does consumer hire these days anyway.

There are plenty of companies renting large flatscreens and other A/V equipment but they're geared towards corporate conferences/product launches etc. so will be expensive (they come and install the kit) and will be charging VAT.

See the first option on this website. They're quoting 150+VAT for a one day event, delivery & collection included for a 42" plasma screen.....

http://www.audiovisual.ie/av_rental.html

Thanks, but for that price, I'd probably be a quarter the way to buying one! It might seem a bit silly but I was looking for a nice big TV to look at the Late Late Toy Show this Friday night at home :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks, but for that price, I'd probably be a quarter the way to buying one! It might seem a bit silly but I was looking for a nice big TV to look at the Late Late Toy Show this Friday night at home :pac:

I appreciate that but there is nobody offering short term rental (or any rental for that matter) to the consumer market and in the business to business a/v rental sector, they will only hire out if they do the install and collection. Otherwise their insurance won't cover accidental damage during delivery & collection.

I've seen these guys in action, they have all the right packing cases on castors with internal foam padding and they can setup the gear with their eyes closed. A large flatscreen needs two guys and a van, they come, unpack and install and they come back and collect. That's where most of the cost arises, not the kit itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

coylemj wrote: »
    I appreciate that but there is nobody offering short term rental (or any rental for that matter) to the consumer market and in the business to business a/v rental sector, they will only hire out if they do the install and collection. Otherwise their insurance won't cover accidental damage during delivery & collection.

I've seen these guys in action, they have all the right packing cases on castors with internal foam padding and they can setup the gear with their eyes closed. A large flatscreen needs two guys and a van, they come, unpack and install and they come back and collect. That's where most of the cost arises, not the kit itself.

Ok, thanks very much for the help anyway. :)

Advertisement