Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need help finding a primary school in lucan

• 26-11-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

My daughter is 5 almost 6 and we've recently enough moved to Weston in lucan. At the moment she's in senior infants in a school in rathfarnham and our plan was to let her finish out the school year there and after the summer start her in a school closer to home.
    We were hoping to send her to scoil mhuire in hillcrest but unfortunately they say they've no space for her. Does anybody know of any schools in the area they could possibly recommend? Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flowergirl4

St. Thomas JNS is a great school. As is Scoil Mhuire which goes from junior infants to 6th class

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ring all of them to see if there is space then decide based on the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

I would certainly apply for your first choice school (and all the others) - read the enrollment policy and comply with it. The school then have to formally deny you a place (or allow you one) and then, if you feel you have not been treated according to the school's enrollment policy you can appeal if you wish. In any case, a place may become available nearer to the start of school, and if you haven't applied, you won't get it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If the child is in senior infant now, I presume it is for first class. so the normal infant policy doesn't apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

Some schools I have found have quite detailed admission policies for later years. AFAIK they are required to detail their process of admission for later years too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement