Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming in Galway

• 26-11-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭

Hi all, does anybody know if there will ever be a game center like Squareeyes again in Galway City?

I must admit I miss going there as do my friends.

Comments

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anybody know if there will ever be a game center like Squareeyes again in Galway City?

I must admit I miss going there as do my friends.

There's not really a market for these types of things anymore.
    Why would someone who has the hardware pay to play somewhere else. Everything is just too convenient these days such as Mumble, Internet connection etc... the only missing aspect is the physical presence but talking with your headsets is adequate enough IMO.

Kind of like Internet cafes, as time moved on, people started have all the essentials at home to cut out the middle man!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah very true. I used to frequent Square eyes quite a bit and just before it closed down I had built my own gaming rig so I can get the same level of quality that they offered, but at home instead. I have to admit though that I do miss the social aspect of having a few friends in the actual room with you while you game. A friend of mine used to run some gaming nights in town ( we used to bring along a few console and monitors and play some co-op stuff such as street fighter )but what started with good attendance dripped down to nearly nothing after a few weeks so he decided to call it off for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Nearest you'd get to it is LAN nights in the 091 labs.

Advertisement