Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it cost money to close an Ulster Bank account?

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have about €45 in my old Ulster bank ac. Had it since my Ma opened one for me when I was about 16.
    Could do with the money!
    Have another bank a/c.
    Just wondering do they charge a monthly fee, if you've feck all in it?
    Cause I might keep it open for future (when I can finally start saving and not struggling)
    Or do they charge to close an a/c.
    Been googling it with no luck.
    Haven't a clue about banking.
    Have no old statements as sent to family home, haven't been home in a long time (don't ask)
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It could be a dormant account by now. It would still be showing up but not usable till you spoke to someone about it. There is no fees charged in your case. It will cost nothing to close it and can all be done in a simple visit to any branch. Bring ID with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gavsmith

It could be a dormant account by now. It would still be showing up but not usable till you spoke to someone about it. There is no fees charged in your case. It will cost nothing to close it and can all be done in a simple visit to any branch. Bring ID with you.

Thanks for that.
    If I leave a few euro in it just to keep it open will they charge me anything/fees?

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The whole €1 thing is a myth, you can clean it out and they will not close it until it becomes fully dormant.

Advertisement