Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom low usage price hike 2012

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I have an Eircom landline but I use it very little and do not have any special packages so am charged the standard quoted rates.

This year my bills seemed to be higher than normal and I queried this with Eircom. The bills turned out to be correct. However something still didn't seem right? so I spent a long time studying all the bills and this is what showed up:-

There were a number of price increases which were what you might call miniscule. The problem is that there were many of them over the year each one a fraction of a cent spread over so many different usage times such as daytime, evening and weekend. Then you have the distance local, national and so on.

These increases are always anounced but I'm sure most would not give them a second thought because they sound so low.

I took one of my high bills and worked out how much the same usage would have cost one year ago. ....

Now I'm sure that most people would have guessed that prices must have gone up by about 3-5% this year. Not so.

Including the last budget vat increase of 2% the difference in price this year in my case study for flat rate usage is a whopping 20%.

A lot of my time doing this would have been saved if only the woman at 1901 had said somthing like "well you do know that the various price increases do add up to 20% extra". Of course they probably prefer us not to realize that;).

Just thought that some might find this interesting. :)

Advertisement