Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Social Group - Unable to post new topics

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy chaps

We've created a private social group for Arcade & Retro. I created the group initially, & then handed ownership to the mod of Arcade & Retro.

Now it seems, everyone except two people are able to create new topics. The owner of the group, & one member can only create topics, everyone else can only read & add to existing ones.

However, if we follow a direct link from the user who is able to create them, we can create topics.

Here's a screenshot, notice no button to create new topics. Can anyone offer assistance :o

snl53t.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gordon wrote: »
    Is it working now? I can see posts there.

Damn, I've just left the group & asked to be re-invited to see if that fixed it. Will update as soon as I have access again.

On a side note, the group should be private - can you see posts as your an admin or are they somehow public?

Cheers :)

And now your post is missing :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

And this is what I get, I can see the link but it seems no one else can.

ioLHs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

EnterNow wrote: »
    And now your post is missing :confused:

Yeah, sorry, I didn't read your post completely, so my statement didn't make sense!

Not sure if its completely private as I see all posts being an admin. Who are the people that can create new threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

@ Gordon - Members have started new discussions due to me posting the direct link but I don't think they have the original POST NEW DISCUSSION link to click.

• Advertisement

Exactly, everyone barring the group manager & ahyeahok don't have have a 'post new discussion' button. It was there for a while according to some, now its gone.

I'm wondering did transferring ownership of the group somehow affect permissions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If everyone is able to use the link to create threads, then it surely must be a client side thing (browser?) but I'll let the tech guys think about that. The only settings I can check are mirrored with other (presumably working) groups, and I've checked a couple of users to make sure they are also a 'Registered user' in their profile, can't think of anything else, sorry!

I've tried both current Chrome, & Firefox...also tried the dark skin too...no joy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Thanks for the bug reports; we should be able to reproduce the error locally. I'll take a look at this for you at lunch time.

Danny

Thanks for the bug reports; we should be able to reproduce the error locally. I'll take a look at this for you at lunch time.

Danny

Cheers Daniel :)

• Advertisement

And that's a bug, it's been present for a while now too and means anybody with an avatar who isn't the group owner most likely cannot see the new discussion link :o

We'll get it fixed up for you guys quick sharp

Danny

And that's a bug, it's been present for a while now too and means anybody with an avatar who isn't the group owner most likely cannot see the new discussion link :o

We'll get it fixed up for you guys quick sharp

Danny

Ah cool, thanks a mill Danny

I had to sleep on this one to come up with a fix for it, fresh eyes and all that. Should be resolved for you guys now; blame your custom avatars :pac:

Thanks for the bug report

Danny

Looks perfect Danny, your a genius! Regards custom Avatars, Breaking Bad is simply too good not to have as an avatar...it should be mandatory if you ask me :D

Thanks again dude :cool:

Happy to help, enjoy the social group :)

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement