Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamboree 2013

Options
  • 26-11-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Sad to hear of the cancellation of this years jamboree.
    Did anybody already book their places?
    Was anybody really surprised though?
    Hears to a few years time and the best possible jamboree in the future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Heard it today and wasn't totally surprised. The bookings a couple of weeks ago were very low and there's a critical mass required to make it viable.

We'd booked in two patrols. We've called a CoH tomorrow to tell the PL/APLs and discuss options for next year's camp.

To be honest I'm not sure what the attendance will be at the CoH as there was a young girl in their school who, sadly, took her own life on Saturday. Some of the scouts knew her or the family and the wake is tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Scouter123

First of all my deepest sympathies to the family and the group, i hope everything will work out for them.

The group are going to a jamboree in Norway so there is always the possibility of a jamboree experience. I heard the jamboree in Auchengillan, Scotland might be another good choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

5 of the 8 were there tonight. Was chatting with one of them after and she knew the girl. Sad time for everyone in the school.

The section was in Auchengillan last summer (I couldn't go myself). We looked at a few options tonight - stay local and go to Fota, Lough Keel, or a couple of other places. Or go abroad - Kent Jamboree, NorJam, and one scout mentioned a scout site in Malaga!

Advertisement