Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me best cheap smartphone

Options
  • 27-11-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey so I am pretty clueless about smartphones and would appreciate any recommendations.

I mostly want a smartphone for the simple reason that have never owned one before and I'd like one I can check emails on and use internet for basic stuff on the go. I'd also like to have option of a typepad and not be just reliant on touchscreen. Preferably under €150 as well. The last thing that would be cool if possible is if it would be possibly to view and search through pdf files.

Considering all suggestions right now!! thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Nokia lumia 800 for €149 PAYG in meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Cheers for that cambo, it looks like a great phone. Have you used it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭kirving

pog it wrote: »

Lumia 800 is excellent value at €150. Just be aware that there won't be any more operating system upgrades(ie: Windows Phone 8) coming to it, but the same can be said for many cheaper Android phones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Lumia 800 is excellent value at €150. Just be aware that there won't be any more operating system upgrades(ie: Windows Phone 8) coming to it, but the same can be said for many cheaper Android phones too.

Yes there will. Just not to wp8

• Registered Users Posts: 33 decosr1

Samsubg galaxy Ace from Car Phone wharehouse is a great little phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

pog it wrote: »

Yes, I have it and been using it for about 9 months. If you get it, make sure you install the Zune PC software and get all of the available updates to ensure that you have the best experience. Also, install the Nokia Network Connection app and run that to enable you to get MMS.
    As for the FUD regarding the updates, this is completely untrue. There will be no W8 for this phone, due to hardware constraints, but there is a pending update, version 7.8 that will bring some features of W8 to this phone. It will also be supported for another 15-18 months officially.

As I said, for the price it suits your requirements to a T !

Advertisement