Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bar for 30+ years date in Dublin City?

Options
  • 27-11-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a bar for people in their thirties to go for a drink in Dublin City on a date? Somewhere that's not going to have students running round the place with their woolly hates and ear gauges...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Can anyone recommend a bar for people in their thirties to go for a drink in Dublin City on a date? Somewhere that's not going to have students running round the place with their woolly hates and ear gauges...

Maybe try the Vintage Cocktail Club in temple bar. No beer though afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

The chuch/Hogans/The Long Hall/Capital Bar/Odessa
    All decent...IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

I never knew students hated wool - wow you learn something ewe every day.

I've always found Farrington's in temple bar to be beyond reproach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

there's a hotel off George's st - i think it converges with William st? on a corner i think. upstairs. good spot

https://plus.google.com/106321869459497200167/about?gl=ie&hl=en

central hotel chambers. exchequer st/st george's st The Library Bar. Grand, quite, relaxed, stylish. grand for the aul date or relaxed thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Market Bar is also nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've always found Farrington's in temple bar to be beyond reproach.

Prices in that place are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

another option which i've used myself previously for this purpose is the wine bar under Fallon & Byrnes on Exchequer street, they do nice cheese and charcuterie plates too.

Exchequer is nice too. Bull & Castle is out of the way so could be nice and quiet - soft lighting too!

Market Bar could be tricky, usually very loud and you could end up squashed into another table.

The twelve pubs of christmas has started already so I'd nearly avoid all main pubs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I am in my late 30's and tbh half the bars mentioned here, i would cross the street to avoid.

i dont drink in town a lot but i like Mulligans, Bull and Castle, Cassidys, Brewdock, Grand Social, bruxcelles, the Duke, The Bailey

pygmalion is one of my favourites the moment

Advertisement