Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fireblade Customisation plans

• 27-11-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have a 03 Fireblade which I purchased some months ago,.
    Over the winter I will be cleaning it up n paying attention to small items such as adding SS bolts,braided lines etc.

The main things I will consider buying which I believe are quite expensive are different handlebars and a different seat.

I would like this bike to be more comfortable for me for longer distances.

Long story short,

I would like to know if anybody has added products like convertibars or a similar product to raise the bar height for more comfort.

Also has anyone bought a corbin seat or have one and could say how it compares to the standard seat.I find the standard seat gets uncomfortable after an hour in it.

Mainly my concern is the bar height,so if anyone has made such a conversion I would love to hear from them.

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I recently put apex adjustable clipons onto my sv. They are simply amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Why did you buy a fireblade then...:confused:

Sure i love my sv and i changed the clipons and i will most likely change the seat at some stage too caus the stock one is crap.

Sure if he went and bought a sports tourer to have the seating position might want then it might not be the bike he wants.

I figure buy the bike you want and then change it to fit your needs. Imo the most important thing about a bike choice for me is that its aesthetically awesome in my eyes and everything else can be modded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Strong engine, good build quality etc etc?
    A bike is only a starting point, just because the bike came with bars that force you into a crouch doesn't mean that you have to keep it that way.
    Why else do manufacturers like Apex and Gilles and Renthal make bars that allow you to sit up more?
    John McGuinness's Fireblade has highish bars and a big double bubble screen.
    Bikes much more than cars are very customisable to individual sizes and shapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

goodlad wrote: »

How much did you pay for them?

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    How much did you pay for them?

I paid €190 delivered. Would of been more if they got snagged for import tax.
    Im not really sure how i didnt pay tax caus they came in with UPS and they never usually miss anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BikerTech

Where did you buy those from?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BikerTech

Thanks again

:)

Advertisement