Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Trap had gone after the euros would the team look like this?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pro. F wrote: »
    I agree with this if you are going 442. Long has a great physical ability which could work well with Keane.

Personally I would prefer the team to play 451 and Hoolihan offers a lot more when playing in the hole than Keane imo. And Long offers a lot more than Keane as the lone man up front.

So Keane would be benched in my eleven, but even now I still have big respect for Keane's nose for goal and I can appreciate the argument for starting him.

This.
    I would prefer a 451 and Long is the best choice for the lone man in this system.We need to start controlling midfield and for that to happen we need 3 in the middle.If we were playing 442 I would go Long and Keane but I think that system is redundant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

For me, Keane cannot be dropped at this moment. It is as straightforward as that. Keane offers something no other Irish player has: an unequalled capacity to cause doubt and indecision within opposition defences. My feeling is that our best hope of a result against Sweden is a 4-4-2 with Keane dropping deep - as I said this will take the form of a 4-5-1 in practice anyway so no need to get hung up on the formation question - with Long as his partner and a strong central midfield involving McCarthy that gives license to McCarthy to get forward when the opportunity presents itself.

I believe Trap will opt for this approach and I think for the prospects of a good result it is the best approach.

Don't think he is that type of player tbh but no doubt we will see him starting in Sweden with Doyle or Walters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Rekop dog wrote: »
    No he simply doesn't have the intelligence to sustain a career in the premier league as a regular starter. The utter predictableness of his playing style is pretty cringe to watch, he's not doing anything particularly different to what he was doing last season, just that defenders have him completely sussed now.

did you cringe when he scored last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

No love for Anthony Pilkington? From what I've seen of him, admittedly not a whole lot, but he should be nearly walking into our starting eleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No love for Anthony Pilkington? From what I've seen of him, admittedly not a whole lot, but he should be nearly walking into our starting eleven.
    Hard walk into a team he hasn't/won't declare for.

Advertisement