Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you think will kill Merle?

• 27-11-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Great character, but lets face it, he has to die.

Up until episode 7 I would have bet my house on Rick with Daryl being an outside shot.

But now after the interrogation scenes and the governor questioning where his loyalties will lie when it comes to the crunch, there are a few more names in the pot.

Who will kill Merle? 124 votes

Rick
    0% 0 votes
    Daryl
    0% 1 vote
    Maggie
    47% 59 votes
    Glen
    4% 6 votes
    Andrea
    7% 9 votes
    The Governor
    0% 0 votes
    Michonne
    25% 31 votes
    Carl
    0% 1 vote
    Walkers
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    13% 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I think it would be hilarious if walkers ended up getting him :D

Have a feeling it might be the governer though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I would have bet my hat it was gonna be Daryl, now not so sure.

Be nice to chain him to something and send in walkers :)

I wish he'd get away though, such a brilliant character and delivered so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Good idea for a thread!

I would have said all along it would be T-Dog, then Daryl, now I'm not sure.

I think Rick has dropped right down the pecking order, although I can't wait til' they meet again. "Howdy Officer Friendly"!! Lol :D

After the interrogation scene Glenn has a motive, but I could see a twist where the Governor might kill him when he sees Merle's loyalties being torn between Woodbury and Darryl.

Tough one!

My top 3 would probably be:
    1: Darryl
    2: The Governor
    3: Glenn

My money's on Tyreese...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I only just started this season but I think him and T-dog will have it out since he left him on the roof. I am 100% certain that this will be the outcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

I'd be shocked if he gets killed before the Governor.

The Governor is tied to Woodbury and its only a matter of time before that all goes kablooey. I would gobsmacked if the Governor were to survive this series.

I would expect Merle to sidle away to survival when Woodbury collapses and turn up again next season.

From a writing point of view, I would imagine that the writers will want to keep a baddie around as opposed to introducing all new baddies (walkers aside)

68Murph68 wrote: »
    I would expect Merle to sidle away to survival when Woodbury collapses and turn up again next season.

I hope this happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

68Murph68 wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if he gets killed before the Governor.

The Governor is tied to Woodbury and its only a matter of time before that all goes kablooey. I would gobsmacked if the Governor were to survive this series.

From a writing point of view, I would imagine that the writers will want to keep a baddie around as opposed to introducing all new baddies (walkers aside)

Nah i gotta disagree with this. We need new and fresh enemies for the group every so often. Keeping the same bad guys will just get tired very quickly. And its the nature of the post apocolypse world, when two groups clash, one group must be destroyed! :D

As for Merle, I definitely think his days are numbered. Merle now lives in a world where pretty much everybody is just as mean and ruthless as he is. He thinks he is invincible and he is in the business of making enemies. Actually the same could be said for the governor. He's just a lot smarter than Merle is. And a hell of a lot tougher too I bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Re-thinking it: Carl.

Would love to see them show him as the badass a kid growing up in this world would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I think Carol is going kill Merle. Followed by his little bro going ape **** but having the self control not to kill his new mrs ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Got to be Daryl. There seems to be a situation brewing where Daryl will have to choose between his brother and his new family.

Agricola wrote: »
    Got to be Daryl. There seems to be a situation brewing where Daryl will have to choose between his brother and his new family.

I'd be disappointed if Daryl just outright kills Merle, I think this storyline has to be resolved in a proper way, like have some conflict where Merle threatens Carol or baby asskicker or something.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I'd be disappointed if Daryl just outright kills Merle, I think this storyline has to be resolved in a proper way, like have some conflict where Merle threatens Carol or baby asskicker or something.

I think Merle is going to get Daryl on-side initially. I mean, they are brothers, a rarity in the walker world, and although there are feelings of resentment and anger about the past, there will be some good stuff too.

Then its going to come down to Daryl having to make a choice.

I kinda think it could go that Daryl tries to kill Merle but either fails because he just cant kill his brother (cant really see this happening to Daryl though) or because slimy Merle just misleads him and gets away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think it'll be subtler than who-killed-who: I don't think Daryl could bring himself to kill his brother, no matter what Merle might do, but I could very easily see Daryl choosing not to save him. That he might find Merle in trouble, cornered by walkers maybe, and instead reluctantly walking away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Have a feeling the Guv will do it once Merle stops being a lackey. Lying about Michonne, lying about the Ricktatorship group? Guv won't take that well at all.

It's a shame though, I like Merle. He's a slimy, weasely, bully in a world where people are standing up for themselves. He's not a big bad, he's a minion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Don't think Merle will be killed off this season tbh, I reckon he'll get away to pop back up at a later date. Possibly after killing Daryl. I have an awful feeling they're going to kill off Daryl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Frisbee wrote: »
    Don't think Merle will be killed off this season tbh, I reckon he'll get away to pop back up at a later date. Possibly after killing Daryl. I have an awful feeling they're going to kill off Daryl.

I think the writers would be shooting themselves in the foot if they killed of Daryl... He's a fan favourite, to the extent that I read that Kirkman was considering introducing him as a character in the comics... There would be outrage if they killed him off, he's easily the most likeable character in the series (and one of the most well written, we know a lot more of his background story than 90% of the others...) I can't see them killing off Daryl for a very long time, if at all.

I see the Merle story wrapping up in one of three ways:
    1. Daryl kills him, after much inner turmoil and only after a member of the group (most likely Carol) gets in harm's way.
    2. Daryl tries to kill him, hesitates, and Merle gets taken down by another member of the group before Merle tries to finish off his brother. My money would be on Carol, Carl (who's starting to warm on me since the new season, he's grown up a lot and his wandering around seems to have a purpose now, as opposed to him wandering off and being responsible for people getting killed...) or Glenn for this.
    3. Daryl tries to kill Merle, hesitates, and Merle flees into the woods, probably into the red zone, his fate unknown.

No matter what way it goes down, Daryl's going to have a huge part to play in it anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

After watching the mid season I think the following will happen just based on how the comic went ***COMIC SPOILERS***
    I think he will take the place of Tyresse in the comics and be beheaded by the Govenor in front of the prison group. It's a powerfull moment in the comics and only him and Daryl could take that place. Merle will probably suffer his death here but I could also see the same happening to Daryl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Well if they kill of Daryl, i'm not watching Walking Dead anymore. He's easily the best character in the whole show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

Not a single vote for Rick, interesting. He would have got my vote up until recently.

I voted for Daryl, I think it would truly show how much he has changed, and how different he and his brother are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Conchir wrote: »
    Not a single vote for Rick, interesting. He would have got my vote up until recently.

I voted for Daryl, I think it would truly show how much he has changed, and how different he and his brother are.

Yeah I'm surprised Rick has no votes was tempted to vote for him myself until the last episode, I reckon Merle will sacrifice himself for the group with the Governor being the one to kill him.

nuxxx wrote: »
    I think it would be hilarious if walkers ended up getting him :D

Have a feeling it might be the governer though!
    ...but I could see a twist where the Governor might kill him when he sees Merle's loyalties being torn between Woodbury and Darryl.

Tough one!
    RoryMac wrote: »
    Yeah I'm surprised Rick has no votes was tempted to vote for him myself until the last episode, I reckon Merle will sacrifice himself for the group with the Governor being the one to kill him.
    I think RoryMac takes the prize!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Grimebox wrote: »
    I only just started this season but I think him and T-dog will have it out since he left him on the roof. I am 100% certain that this will be the outcome

The very next episode he died. Nailed it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I think RoryMac takes the prize!!
    what do I win?

Advertisement