Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Christmas Tree: Dublin 2

Options
  • 27-11-2012 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I want to get a real tree this week. Searching past posts hasn't found me anything 100% so does anyone know of trees already for sale in or near Dublin 2? I probably need it delivered. Could anyone further away let me know what prices they're going for so I know a good one when I see it? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I want to get a real tree this week. Searching past posts hasn't found me anything 100% so does anyone know of trees already for sale in or near Dublin 2? I probably need it delivered. Could anyone further away let me know what prices they're going for so I know a good one when I see it? Thanks.

B&Q are allready selling real Noble Fir trees (7 feet tall)..price is around 45 euro.

Theres is also a Christmass tree farm up in the Dublin Mountains selling trees up to 24 feet tall..these ones sell for about 180 euro though

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Quiet

Yes, a christmas tree delivery business are providing Noble Firs at decent price. They're at www.christmastreedublin.com

Quiet wrote: »
    Yes, a christmas tree delivery business are providing Noble Firs at decent price. They're at www.christmastreedublin.com

70 euro for a 7 foot tree is a decent price?? (25 euro for a 7 foot tree to be delievered).

Thats taking the pi55 right there,especially when you look at how much they charge for collecting/taking the tree away for recycling..

€60 for up to 6ft tree.
    €70 for up to 7ft tree.
    €80 for up to 8ft tree.

Tree collection charges:
    Up to 8ft = €9
    Over 8ft = €12

Can you view/pick out/reserve your Xmass tree though,before commiting to buy??

And I dont mean picking a tree that is allready netted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

good place in miltown. huge range with stock on show before you buy.

Near BMW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

Phibsboro Hardware (01 8301267) have some for €35 but don't do delivery. Would a six-seat taxi driver mind me putting a tree in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Quiet

paddy147 wrote: »
    70 euro for a 7 foot tree is a decent price?? (25 euro for a 7 foot tree to be delievered).

€60 for up to 6ft tree.
    €70 for up to 7ft tree.
    €80 for up to 8ft tree.

Tree collection charges:
    Up to 8ft = €9
    Over 8ft = €12

Can you view/pick out/reserve your Xmass tree though,before commiting to buy??

And I dont mean picking a tree that is allready netted up.

Yes you can choose from several they are all high quality. It was a good price as it includes delivery. Cash only paid when satisfied.

Quiet wrote: »
    Yes you can choose from several they are all high quality. It was a good price as it includes delivery. Cash only paid when satisfied.

Thats actually not a good price,,,20-25 euro for delievery is taking the pi55....especially when you look at the collection charges

10-15 euro delievery and no more than that.

To put it into perspective,I got a lovely 14 foot tall Noble Fir Christmass tree for 80 euro today.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

I got it on Camden Street in the end. €40 plus €10 for the stand. I put it on top of a Dublin Bike and wheeled it home. They're actually a lot lighter than I was expecting.

I got artificial mistletoe on Bachelor's Walk. There's a florist at number 10 or 12, near O'Connell Bridge. Nowhere had real mistletoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone know how long they last , we've never had a real tree before but decided to get one this year. I don't want to buy one too early in case it doesnt last 'til January

• Advertisement

Karen23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long they last , we've never had a real tree before but decided to get one this year. I don't want to buy one too early in case it doesnt last 'til January

Noble Firs last around 5-6 weeks,if you water them and spray the branches with a mist of tepid water every day or 2.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ifms

30 euros for a decent size Christmas tree in IKEA and you get a 20 euro voucher to spend in IKEA. Check it if you are interested. FYI, you need a big enough car/boot to carry the tree home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ifms

According to the Swedish research, put the tree in a bucket of water and stand in a cooler room for a few days until it soaks up enough water. Then you can move the tree into a room with normal temperature, put some sugar into the water, which could keep the tree last longer. At the same time, putting some aspirin tablets and copper coins into the water also helps, as aspirin helps stimulating the growth hormone of the tree, and the copper coins help curbing the growth of the bacteria and micro-organism. Hope it works.

Advertisement