Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler is dead

• 27-11-2012 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey, my boiler seems to be dead (electrically wise), the reset button has no light on and when pressed nothing happens...
    I just got my oil for the winter and it's bloody freezing :D
    should I contact an electrician or a plumber???? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Hey, my boiler seems to be dead (electrically wise), the reset button has no light on and when pressed nothing happens...
    I just got my oil for the winter and it's bloody freezing :D
    should I contact an electrician or a plumber???? Thanks!
    Beside the thermostat on the boiler there is a black round cover screw thus off and press the switch under it.That switch is the overheat switch reset as mentioned if boiler won't work then call someone in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Have you checked your C U Board to see if a breaker has tripped or a Fuse blown ?.
    If that's ok then follow Robbie's advice next. If both ok then call a Heating Engineer.
    He should be able to check the electrics and also sort out any other problem.

Advertisement