Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotline Miami 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

More of the same and I'll be happy out, the first was excellent. Is the embargo a cause for concern?
    Doubtful, it's just something Devolver Digital seem to do with their published titles. Certainly hadn't been an issue with their more recent releases anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Damnit both this and Ori hit this week. Its like all the really good indie titles are hitting at the same time.

Must control my wallet.

• Think reviews will be released @ 3:00pm today
    Is this up on PSN as of yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/03/10/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number-review

First review I've found, think its not going live until tomorrow on the PS Store :S

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Adam Smith at RPS called it "as perfect a sequel as we could have hoped for."

Wot I Think: Hotline Miami 2 – Wrong Number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Judging by the reviews that are published it sounds pretty good. Any work on how many chapters there are in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

How much is this going to be for the Playstation does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Biscuit

• Some more scores;

Gamspot 9/10
    Eurogamer - Recommened
    IGN - 8.9
    Polygon - 8.5
    Destructoid - 9/10

• Advertisement

• The release date was today on all platforms. It's out on Steam now.
    Crazy it's still not up on PS

This should hype you up while waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Apparently only released tomorrow for PSN in Europe.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotlineMiami/status/575327968949460993

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Games are always released on Wednesday on PSN EU.

Torn between picking up this and Ori, might go with the latter as it doesn't necessarily sound like this is a significant improvement over the first. Which is fine because the first was pretty great, of course ;) And least they seem to have tried to mix up the structure a bit, even if I'm getting the impression it wasn't entirely successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Up on the store now, €14.99 or €13.49 for PS+ Subscribers, 403MB download.

• Xenji wrote: »
    Up on the store now, €14.99 or €13.49 for PS+ Subscribers, 403MB download.

Finished early today, going to be a good evening :)
    Will give some first impressions later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have to do a lot of travelling for work this week, so it is going to be a great travel companion on the Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I bought it on the PC, should have got it for PS for use on the Vita. Bah!!

• First impressions;

Firstly...soundtrack is simply stunning, way more tracks than the first game to note.
    Levels are much larger
    Difficulty ramps up but never in an inbalanced way.
    Way more variety in each level, each character and mask has its own special traits.
    The story is more extensive, bit hard to follow but it's slowly coming together.
    The gameplay is refined. Had some really epic moments in specific levels. Don't want to spoil anything.
    Everything seems so far an improvement on Hotline Miami in every way.
    I believe there's about 30 plus levels and I'm on around level 13.
    Apparently hard mode is where the game really takes off. No autolock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

It's €7.94 on Nuveem for Steam if anyone is looking for a cheap copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is this cross buy on PSN?

• Advertisement

• Benzino wrote: »
    Is this cross buy on PSN?

Yep, all three consoles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played a bit of this today on my macbook and found playing with the keyboard and track pad is a no go for me. Anyone know of a good controller that i can use with the mac book ?. Have a PS3, PS4 and so on just wondering whats the easiest way to set one up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Bought it last night and gave it a quick go.

It's great, but for some reason I'm just not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the first one for one reason - the difficulty in this is established by the amount of bad guys, rather than in the first one in how they're placed. I really enjoyed the first one because you'd have to plan your attack in batches, if you get me. In this it's a bit more try and survive the horde.

Still really enjoying it though, and it has some plus sides - there's a few more features regarding the masks and the story is as weird as ever, but the soundtrack... oh my. Didn't think they could get better but it really brings everything together.

• .ak wrote: »

It's great, but for some reason I'm just not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the first one for one reason - the difficulty in this is established by the amount of bad guys, rather than in the first one in how they're placed. I really enjoyed the first one because you'd have to plan your attack in batches, if you get me. In this it's a bit more try and survive the horde.

Still really enjoying it though, and it has some plus sides - there's a few more features regarding the masks and the story is as weird as ever, but the soundtrack... oh my. Didn't think they could get better but it really brings everything together.

What level are you on? It defiantly gets to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭mrm

.ak wrote: »

but the soundtrack... oh my. Didn't think they could get better but it really brings everything together.

To which Dublin based composer Benny Smiles (aka Ross Fortune) has contributed the track 'Hotline Theme'. Well done to him (and well deserved imho)!

He had another track but it doesn't appear to have made the final list.
    - http://fortuneaudio.ie/index.php/all-work/

I have no affiliation to Benny Smiles...I just want to highlight a small Irish 'success' in the gaming world.

Gonna have to get this for the soundtrack alone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Played a bit of this today on my macbook and found playing with the keyboard and track pad is a no go for me. Anyone know of a good controller that i can use with the mac book ?. Have a PS3, PS4 and so on just wondering whats the easiest way to set one up ?

Should be ps4 Sony made a big deal of it being more accessible then the PS3 controller
    http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/ps4-controller-mac/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

It flows much better on a repeat playthrough. I've chopped level times in three tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

There is lock on!? I have been playing the whole time without it. Was it in Hotline 1?

Also the soundtrack is godlike. Listen to it while i play League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

There is lock on!? I have been playing the whole time without it. Was it in Hotline 1?

Also the soundtrack is godlike. Listen to it while i play League
    It was. There's a jibe at the player in the tutorial from the hobo about how his instructions are worthless, as you'll just screw it up or forget anyway(might just have been in the PC version, don't remember seeing it on my PS3). I duly forgot to use the lock on once when I first cleared the game.

Advertisement