Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom Storage

• 27-11-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for some advise on storage ideas for our main bedroom. As you can see from the pics this is an attic conversion so space is at a minimum. The easiest thing to do here is to shelve these inlets and maybe put doors in front of some of them. But what I would really like to do is put drawers in them all as this will both make them look alot tidier and give the added advantage of being able to pull them out for easier access.

I want to know if this would be possible giving the depth of the units and if people think this will work.

Edit: Just to note that the units are about 480mm deep

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi
    I would put in two solid top shelves for shoes/slippers etc from the curve in wall out. Then put in drawers down the rest of the way. You can buy kitchen runners in different lens. They can be attached to both sides of alcove. When all is done make a timber frame to fit just inside the alcove and fit 3 doors to each. All hidden and out of way. Make sure you leave a slight air gap to keep a circulation of air in units.

Nw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

No reason why it shouldn't work, cabinets or drawer units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

North West wrote: »
    Hi
    I would put in two solid top shelves for shoes/slippers etc from the curve in wall out. Then put in drawers down the rest of the way. You can buy kitchen runners in different lens. They can be attached to both sides of alcove. When all is done make a timber frame to fit just inside the alcove and fit 3 doors to each. All hidden and out of way. Make sure you leave a slight air gap to keep a circulation of air in units.

Nw

Cheers. Like the idea of the top shelf and hidden is def what I am looking for!

Advertisement