Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get back my xbox live profile

Options
  • 27-11-2012 11:34am

ok long story short i had an xbox and it broke so i got a new one when i try to download my old gamertag its asking for a email and password which ihave long since forgotten.Now iv rang microsoft and they have basiclly told me nothing they can do so im seeing is there any other way i can get around this thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's the email & password connected with your Microsoft account, possibly a Hotmail address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

ye really need to know the email and password you set it up with

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

try here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

there's probably not much you can do unless you can raid old email accounts. microsoft are pretty rubbish for administrative issues like this. try moving country and updating your profile as an example. . .not gonna happen

yes it is its an old hotmail account i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

theteal wrote: »
    there's probably not much you can do unless you can raid old email accounts. microsoft are pretty rubbish for administrative issues like this. try moving country and updating your profile as an example. . .not gonna happen

You can actually do that now.

Regarding the account . If you forget your details you forget your details. Happened to a few people who never bothered to update their details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

theteal wrote: »

I'm not sure what they could be expected to do if he has forgotten fundamental details about his account.

If you can at least figure out what the email address was, they could most likely help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

does the data transfer cable not work? i did that when i traded consoles up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Don't know about Xbox live but with other gaming services if you can provide credit card details that you've used on their service , Xbox live in this case , you may be able to get your account back that is of course if you ever bought something on Xbox live ?

Advertisement