Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 14 - Match day thread

• 27-11-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I bet you forgot there were games tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Most big games are tomorrow, although I'm hoping Fletcher can bang in a couple against QPR to start my week off with a bang.

Tempted to stick Clark in but Villa's clean sheets are so intermittent its probably a bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Obviously those tuned in will know well that another GW starts today......but this is usually the point where many passive players begin to fall back as they expect the usual weekend rotation. That probably includes tens of thousands, if not more.

A 0-0 in the Villa Reading game would be a most welcome start to the GW for me.

I see S.Taylor is out for a good while now for Newcastle. They could really struggle away to Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm not sure whether to play Sterling(5 man midfield) against Spurs(A) or Berbatov against Chelsea(A). I'm leaning towards Berba at the moment.
    I'll have no representation tonight either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

have an awful feeling the one time i leave Baines on the bench tonight he'll score well

manual_man wrote: »
    have an awful feeling the one time i leave Baines on the bench tonight he'll score well

Who are you playing in his place? I'm playing him over Cameron and Clark.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »

Who are you playing in his place? I'm playing him over Cameron and Clark.

back 3 of Enrique Shawcross Rafael. Arsenal are a bogey team for Everton. Still have a bad feeling about it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

back 3 of Enrique Shawcross Rafael. Arsenal are a bogey team for Everton. Still have a bad feeling about it tho

he has to be above Enrique.

Enrique is likely to play in Liverpool's midfield if Wisdom starts, but Baines could be handy for some attacking points tonight.

if in doubt, plump for the home guy. and also, Baines is on dead ball duty.

Are you doubling up on Stoke defender/GK?

SlickRic wrote: »

he has to be above Enrique.

Enrique is likely to play in Liverpool's midfield if Wisdom starts, but Baines could be handy for some attacking points tonight.

if in doubt, plump for the home guy. and also, Baines is on dead ball duty.

ah i dunno i'm just lovin' Enrique at the moment. should have had another goal the weekend, christ he's popping up in centre forward positions some of the time. i like Baines but given how long it's since they got a cs and their poor record against the Gooners... just don't feel confident. first def sub anyway so chance he could come in for Rafael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Tempted to get Long in, the Baggies are playing well at the mo, but their slump has to start eventually so in two minds. RVP going through a bit of a goal drought at the moment. Have Torres, Suarez, Rooney up front, im keeping Torres because i think Rafa can get the best out of him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Current team for tonight is...

Mignolet
    Cuellar - Huth - Baines
    Cazorla - Michu - Puncheon - Felliani
    Ba - RVP - Suarez
    SUBS: Federici, Nolan, Clyne, Nelsen.

No transfers made yet. Lots of rain in Sunderland so going to wait till tonight to make a change.

Will either go Ba to Fletcher and play 3-4-3 or will go Nolan>Sessegnon and bench Ba in a 3-5-2.

Are you doubling up on Stoke defender/GK?

no. don't have Bego. Mignolet in goal for me (have mercy on me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Begovic
    Rafael - Caulker - Baines
    Silva - Michu - Sessegnon - Bale
    Ba - RVP - Berbatov
    SUBS: Jaask, Sterling , Demel, Nelsen.

To start Sterling ahead of Berbatov is my only debate in my head this week!! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Dropping Berbatov to the bench seems to be a dilemma many are facing this week. I've had Puncheon a while and Southampton have a good home fixture and he's in form. Berbatov is away at a solid defensive Chelsea team that will be most likely be even tighter under Rafa. He's also playing deeper with Ruiz out. Logically benching Berbs seems like the right option. But I fear being bit in the ass a la what happened at Arsenal. Decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ba not doing great recently, and he's away to Stoke, not an easy game. I'm considering benching him for Sterling, but he's the type of player that could easily grab a couple of goals. And Sterlings game ins't the easiest either.

Ba not doing great recently, and he's away to Stoke, not an easy game. I'm considering benching him for Sterling, but he's the type of player that could easily grab a couple of goals. And Sterlings game ins't the easiest either.

i swapped him out for Fletcher, but i couldn't stop thinking to last season when he scored a hatrick at the Brittania... please god don't let the same happen again :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

i swapped him out for Fletcher, but i couldn't stop thinking to last season when he scored a hatrick at the Brittania... please god don't let the same happen again :pac: :pac: :pac:

That plagued me too :p . However, there is clearly a problem at Newcastle. They are missing a ton of players and are simply off form. Also, Stoke are much stronger now then they were then.

I have a terrible relationship with Ba. He does crap when I have him in my team and great when I dont. He'll be either sold or benched tonight. Cue a hattrick :rolleyes:

FutureGuy wrote: »

That plagued me too :p . However, there is clearly a problem at Newcastle. They are missing a ton of players and are simply off form. Also, Stoke are much stronger now then they were then.

I have a terrible relationship with Ba. He does crap when I have him in my team and great when I dont. He'll be either sold or benched tonight. Cue a hattrick :rolleyes:

Agree, no Barfa and Cabaye = lack of penetration... Newcastle suffering a bit like Stoke were last year from Europa League commitments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Any thoughts on transfering Berbatov for Ricky Lambert?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Big decision. Sterling, Berbatov or Clark?

Have to pick one. The two attacking players obviously have tough games but Villa at home were very solid against Arsenal I thought. I think Vlaar is out though so they mightn't be as good at the back this evening. Berba can obviously score against anyone but if he will tonight is anybody's guess.

I'm thinking Sterling due to a lack of Liverpool coverage in my team.

First world problems when the only thing that's a worry in your life is your fantasy football team selection.

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on transfering Berbatov for Ricky Lambert?

Take what is known as a 'chill pill'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Do i play Clyne at home to Norwich or Mcauley away at Swansea?Leaning towards Clyne as Norwich score low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Lambert has a couple of games coming up which he has the potential to score in such as Norwich, Liverpool Reading and Sunderland, where as Fulham play, chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle.

Otherwise known as... a "Berbatov" pill...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Is it too late to make changes for the games today and tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I'm not sure whether to play Sterling(5 man midfield) against Spurs(A) or Berbatov against Chelsea(A). I'm leaning towards Berba at the moment.
    I'll have no representation tonight either way.

I have a feeling sterling could be rested until the last 30/20 minutes tomorrow. He's been playing alot recently.

Luap wrote: »
    Is it too late to make changes for the games today and tomorrow?

No. You have until 7.30 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I usually play 3 4 3 but for this game week am contemplating 352 or 442 !
    RVP and Giroud will be selected but Ba is a tough one.(away to stoke )
    My 5 th midfielder option is Nolan. (Away to Man Utd)
    My 4th defender would be either Ridgewell or Ben Davies (play each other Swansea at home.
    I have stoke goalie and Defender so I'd be hoping I'd drop Ba and he does nothing. On the other hand if Newcastle score ill lose a lot of points but the blow would be softened IF it was Ba.
    West ham will probably lose but Nolan may still score .
    Swansea west brom will be a low scoring affair but I hate playing 4 defenders.
    Advice please :)
    Rest of team is
    Begovic
    Rafael Cuellar Shawcross
    Bale Walters Felliani Michu
    RVP Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Played my wildcard.
    My team have been in free fall for a few weeks now.
    Team for this G/W

Tremmel
    Cameron Jose Enrique Rafael
    Fellaini Silva Sterling Gera
    Tevez, RVP, Odemwinge

Bench: Foster, Mertsacker, Gunther, Chamberlin
    Captain Tevez.

Not sure about a couple of players but have picked the team with the next few weeks in mind.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Played my wildcard.
    My team have been in free fall for a few weeks now.
    Team for this G/W

Tremmel
    Cameron Jose Enrique Rafael
    Fellaini Silva Sterling Gera
    Tevez, RVP, Odemwinge

Bench: Foster, Mertsacker, Gunther, Chamberlin
    Captain Tevez.

Not sure about a couple of players but have picked the team with the next few weeks in mind.

Foster is injured?Maybe Begovic,doubling on Stoke is not a bad thing.
    Mertsacker for Gibbs,same team but Gibbs is more likely to get points i reckon.
    Try Cuellar for the next few weeks as he has a DGW and Fletcher as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

dahat wrote: »
    Foster is injured?Maybe Begovic,doubling on Stoke is not a bad thing.
    Mertsacker for Gibbs,same team but Gibbs is more likely to get points i reckon.
    Try Cuellar for the next few weeks as he has a DGW and Fletcher as well....

I know he's injured, that's why he is on the bench. Says he may be back this week. I'm not sure is Begovic a better long term option than foster.
    Gibbs might be a better option alright, not sure who I would drop to get Fletcher or Cuellar in (thats the big problem to be honest)
    Cheers for the advice.

I know he's injured, that's why he is on the bench. Says he may be back this evening and begovic will be no good to me when foster does eventually come back.
    Gibbs might be a better option alright, not sure who I would drop to get Fletcher or Cuellar in (thats the big problem to be honest)
    Cheers for the advice.

Foster out for next two games. Confirmed by Clarke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hat trick for Fletcher all assisted by Johnson will do tonight!

I know he's injured, that's why he is on the bench. Says he may be back this week. I'm not sure is Begovic a better long term option than foster.
    Cheers for the advice.

You have Gera and Odewinge,i would choose one tbh.3 WBA players 1 too many maybe?
    I would upgrade Ode to Fletcher.
    I would be looking at Chamberlin too,others out there more use to you......

Hopes for tonight as I have nobody playing.

1-1 in both games, most importantly no goals/assists for Fletcher and to a lesser extent Sessognon.

• Advertisement

Fletcher brace and a clean sheet,GW off to a flyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Have 10 of my team sorted....last spot between Sterling (spurs a), Pienaar (Arsenal h), or Berbatov(Chelsea a)
    What ye reckon?

Stevecw wrote: »
    Have 10 of my team sorted....last spot between Sterling (spurs a), Pienaar (Arsenal h), or Berbatov(Chelsea a)
    What ye reckon?

I went for Berbatov in a very similar position, it seems to be the only decision anyone needs to make, I didn't have Pienaar in the mix but I wouldn't consider him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

shawcross or cuellar? i have shawcross in at the moment because i think qpr will play out of their skins for the first game under redknapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Any Sunderlan QPR lineups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

cup of tea wrote: »
    Any Sunderlan QPR lineups?

Sess, Fletcher both start, no O Shea Tarrabt in for QPR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SUNDERLAND: Mignolet, Bardsley, Rose, Kilgallon, Cuellar, Cattermole, Gardner, Larsson, Johnson, Sessegnon, Fletcher.

QPR: Cesar, Diakite, Traore, Hill, Cisse, Taarabt, Mackie, Granero, Nelsen, Bosingwa, Mbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Last call to make, should it be Ba up front away to Stoke or Gorkss in Defense against a poor Villa side? thinking of going with a coin toss..........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Reading: Federici, Cummings, Shorey, Mariappa, Morrison, Leigertwood, Tabb, McAnuff (c), Robson-Kanu, Roberts, Le Fondre

VILLA: Guzan, Clark, Baker, Lowton, Stevens, Bannan, Westwood, Holman, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Reading: Federici, Cummings, Shorey, Mariappa, Morrison, Leigertwood, Tabb, McAnuff (c), Robson-Kanu, Roberts, Le Fondre

No Gorkss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Torn between Puncheon in form and at home to Norwich and Fellaini returning from injury and home to Arsenal...

decisions decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thanos wrote: »
    Last call to make, should it be Ba up front away to Stoke or Gorkss in Defense against a poor Villa side? thinking of going with a coin toss..........:confused:

Ba everytime, Defender is more than likely just going to pick up 2 points but with a striker theres always a better chance of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like Gorkss has paid the price for his two errors at the weekend. Only got him last week :mad:

Now that Gorkss is dropped, Cuellar and Guzan are my only players tonight. 2 home CSs please.

Looking at my team for the GW, I really have no idea what to predict. 7 are at home but I'm not holding very high hopes somehow going on my last 5-6 GWs. Could be wildcard time very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Come on Sessegnon! (got a good ring to it that chant) :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement