Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 14 - Match day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Only 7 BP's.

Fellaini and Bale both getting 3 is a f**king killer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

79 including 16 bonus points :D I 27 points last GW and no bonus points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Fellaini x 3
    RVP x (3x2)
    Michu x 1
    Ba x 1

Gives me 11 bonus and 60 points for the week. Moves me inside the top 80 in Boards.ie league. Getting there slowly after a poor start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

back up to 70 worldwide, 2nd in Boards still, 4 points now behind the leader.

patience is the name of the game. i haven't caved in quickly to transfers I want to do. a lack of points hits is working for me thus far i feel.

Walcott, depending on his injury, is of paramount importance to me instead of Hazard.

then I can get Evans in for Smalling, or Suarez in for Tevez.

they're my main thoughts right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

62 pushes me another 10 ahead in my main money league, 11th in the Boards money league.

24 points worth of hits becoming 28 this gw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Did Rafael get any bonus points? Can't check FPL on the college computers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

double GG wrote: »

No Evra got 1 and RVP got 3, don't know who got 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

RVP 3, Anderson 2, Smalling 1, Evra 1

double GG wrote: »

He was a whisker away from 1 bp. 1 bp was 20 PPI, he scored 19!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

q2ice wrote: »
    54 with hopefully another few bonus points to come from RVP (3) , Michu(1) and Walters(2)

Reckon the average will be about 39 points this week so quite happy

Up to 64 after BPs. Points were as predicted above plus 1point for Ba.
    Last 2 GWs were above average so happy out. Though I ave no confidence in my team for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

SlickRic wrote: »
    back up to 70 worldwide, 2nd in Boards still, 4 points now behind the leader.

patience is the name of the game. i haven't caved in quickly to transfers I want to do. a lack of points hits is working for me thus far i feel.

Walcott, depending on his injury, is of paramount importance to me instead of Hazard.

then I can get Evans in for Smalling, or Suarez in for Tevez.

they're my main thoughts right now.
    o/

I welcome the rivalry at the top of the boards league.

I'm mainly concerned with topping the paid league which luckily for me, you're not in. Anything else would be a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It seems to me that the difference between those who did well last night and those who didn't was Van Persie who scored a lucky enough goal, didn't play terribly well and got 3 bonus points. None of the other big guns did too well outside of Bale and Fellaini and neither will be captain in many teams.
    I think I will have to bite the bullet and get Van Persie in now, I'm not 100% sure how the bonus points work but it appears he doesn't need to do much to get them.
    Anyway from now on I will gratefully accept them, he will be part of my team on saturday, I think I will make Suarez captain this week though.

It seems to me that the difference between those who did well last night and those who didn't was Van Persie who scored a lucky enough goal, didn't play terribly well and got 3 bonus points. None of the other big guns did too well outside of Bale and Fellaini and neither will be captain in many teams.
    I think I will have to bite the bullet and get Van Persie in now, I'm not 100% sure how the bonus points work but it appears he doesn't need to do much to get them.
    Anyway from now on I will gratefully accept them, he will be part of my team on saturday, I think I will make Suarez captain this week though.

:pac::pac::pac: I did well because I had one of the most brilliant forwards in Premier League history captain at home vs West Ham United. So did many others. Nothing lucky or poxy about that.

It didn't make or break peoples week either. The people who scored well this week also had a mis of Bale, Felliani, Michu, Ba, Wallcott and Sunderland defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac: I did well because I had one of the most brilliant forwards in Premier League history captain at home vs West Ham United. So did many others. Nothing lucky or poxy about that.

I second that.

The people who got lucky are those who captained Tevez.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I second that.

Exactly! Swiper, who did you captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lemlin wrote: »
    I second that.

This game is all about luck!!

This game is all about luck!!

80% luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

80% luck.

I agree, there is still obviously a bit of careful planning needed regarding fixtures and price rise/falls but at the end of the day this is football and anything can happen on any given day really!

Jeez ye're gas, a poxy goal and 3 poxy bonus points and he's the messiah again, same fella's who were cryin on here the last few weeks:rolleyes:

Anyway he's in my team now so i'll leave it at that.

Go'on Robin ya good thing

Jeez ye're gas, a poxy goal and 3 poxy bonus points and he's the messiah again, same fella's who were cryin on here the last few weeks:rolleyes:

Who's cryin buddy??? RVP is class. Simple as. Explain why it's a poxy 3 bonus points??? He scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. That's 3 bonus 80% of the time.

Who did you captain?

• Advertisement

RVP was the most obvious captain in the world for the last 3 GW's, even after not performing in the first two. This is literally the furthest away from luck you can get, it was the nailed on obvious captain choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

If you have RVP in your team and he has a home fixture against a far inferior team and you captain him but he doesn't do a thing it was still the right decision. Don't let hindsight cloud your judgement and say you should have went with Berbatov in an away fixture against Arsenal or something. You don't have the results prior to deadline. You only have statistics, form and fixtures. If you do your homework on them and make decisions based on them you leave it all up to luck after you hit the confirm button.

roryc wrote: »
    RVP was the most obvious captain in the world for the last 3 GW's, even after not performing in the first two. This is literally the furthest away from luck you can get, it was the nailed on obvious captain choice...
    If you have RVP in your team and he has a home fixture against a far inferior team and you captain him but he doesn't do a thing it was still the right decision. Don't let hindsight cloud your judgement and say you should have went with Berbatov in an away fixture against Arsenal or something. You don't have the results prior to deadline. You only have statistics, form and fixtures. If you do your homework on them and make decisions based on them you leave it all up to luck after you hit the confirm button.

Sense! SENSE!!! Glorious delicious sense!!!

The hilarious thing is that, after saying it was lucky for him to get all those points, he brings him in anyways!

Who's cryin buddy??? RVP is class. Simple as. Explain why it's a poxy 3 bonus points??? He scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. That's 3 bonus 80% of the time.

Who did you captain?

You were crying, you and your buddies. Of course he's class, he's a brilliant player, one of the best in the world.

It's 3 poxy bonus points because he only got them for scoring a poxy goal, it was the difference between him providing 18 to your score or the 4 he deserved last night.

My captain last night was Rooney, I had a gut feeling and went with it, he's toast now, I'm joining the sheep, go RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Swiper, there's no need for bitter.

anyone who had RVP would've been a bit of an eejit not to captain him. A Man City forward was the only other possibility really to challenge him. my only question on RVP was whether he'd be rotated. i got sound advice in here that he probably wouldn't. i listened, i reaped the rewards. he's the best, most expensive striker in the game, starting nearly all games, for the top 1 or 2 scoring teams in the league. at home to West Ham. these are the games those that have him bought him for. in fact, him only getting one goal is a slight kick in the nuts considering Tevez and Suarez's respective hauls a couple of GWs ago. RVP getting something yesterday was the absolute least we should've gotten over the last 3 GWs.

also, the bonus points...you should know by now that in 1-0 wins, the scorer of the goal very often gets the 3 bonus, with the lesser bonus going to defenders on the winning team.

anyone who captained Tevez but VC'd RVP deserves a swift kick in the nuts for that kind of luck. fúckers.

if you captained Tevez, and didn't have Bale or Fellaini VC'd then you could argue you were unlucky, but they should've been VC'd, so my sympathy lessens.

if you captained Tevez, and didn't have the likes of VP, Bale, Fellaini, Michu etc at all, then I have no sympathy as you're not paying attention and your team isn't good enough.

all in all, anyone who captained Tevez, you're a lucky bunch of bastards, but I could've easily been in the same boat :pac:

Guys, I'm not bitter, not in the least, of course you will make him captain every week, he is a great player and a great goalscorer, have I not made myself clear, go back and look at the thread since I made my first comment, I'm only saying that those 14 points will be the difference between a good week and a bad week for many, me included

You were crying, you and your buddies. Of course he's class, he's a brilliant player, one of the best in the world.

It's 3 poxy bonus points because he only got them for scoring a poxy goal, it was the difference between him providing 18 to your score or the 4 he deserved last night.

My captain last night was Rooney, I had a gut feeling and went with it, he's toast now, I'm joining the sheep, go RVP.

Are you kidding me? 4 goal scoring chances created. 3 shots on target out of 4. 1 defensive clearance. 1 goal. 3 points every day of the week.

Where was I crying? Cop on. It's hilarious you call us sheep. You were having a great laugh last week when RVP did nothing and now you're moaning when he actually delivers! And then you go out and call people sheep for having the best player in the league, but then sell the player you brought in on a hunch to buy RVP? Now that's the textbook definition of a sheep if I ever saw one lol.

By the way, I've had RVP since GW2, the week after he scored 1 point. I had him practically all of last season. Not being a sheep, just using common sense.

Feckit but ye're a serious bunch on here, I'm clearly having trouble making myself clear to ye, in the interest of a bit of banter I will take the piss when someone doesn't do as well as is expected, I would do that with my best friends. The sheep thing was a gag that I've seen used on here before, until now I thought RVP was a little overpriced, it was the 3 bonus points that drove me over to the other side, he is now indispensible to me:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Not bitter, just havin a laugh innit

• Advertisement

Feckit but ye're a serious bunch on here, I'm clearly having trouble making myself clear to ye, in the interest of a bit of banter I will take the piss when someone doesn't do as well as is expected, I would do that with my best friends. The sheep thing was a gag that I've seen used on here before, until now I thought RVP was a little overpriced, it was the 3 bonus points that drove me over to the other side, he is now indispensible to me:D.

Don't think it's all that serious, but perhaps read through what you are about to post before clicking 'Submit Reply' :)

Statements like "Bale is top 10 in the world, its an easy argument" and "those captaining RVP got lucky" will definitely annoy people! Posters on the soccer forum would absolutely destroy you with comments like that, we're being nice!

Think before you post :o

Advertisement