Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 14 - Match day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

dahat wrote: »
    Foster is injured?Maybe Begovic,doubling on Stoke is not a bad thing.
    Mertsacker for Gibbs,same team but Gibbs is more likely to get points i reckon.
    Try Cuellar for the next few weeks as he has a DGW and Fletcher as well....

I know he's injured, that's why he is on the bench. Says he may be back this week. I'm not sure is Begovic a better long term option than foster.
    Gibbs might be a better option alright, not sure who I would drop to get Fletcher or Cuellar in (thats the big problem to be honest)
    Cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

kippy wrote: »

I know he's injured, that's why he is on the bench. Says he may be back this evening and begovic will be no good to me when foster does eventually come back.
    Gibbs might be a better option alright, not sure who I would drop to get Fletcher or Cuellar in (thats the big problem to be honest)
    Cheers for the advice.

Foster out for next two games. Confirmed by Clarke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hat trick for Fletcher all assisted by Johnson will do tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

kippy wrote: »
    I know he's injured, that's why he is on the bench. Says he may be back this week. I'm not sure is Begovic a better long term option than foster.
    Cheers for the advice.

You have Gera and Odewinge,i would choose one tbh.3 WBA players 1 too many maybe?
    I would upgrade Ode to Fletcher.
    I would be looking at Chamberlin too,others out there more use to you......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hopes for tonight as I have nobody playing.

1-1 in both games, most importantly no goals/assists for Fletcher and to a lesser extent Sessognon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fletcher brace and a clean sheet,GW off to a flyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Have 10 of my team sorted....last spot between Sterling (spurs a), Pienaar (Arsenal h), or Berbatov(Chelsea a)
    What ye reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Stevecw wrote: »
    Have 10 of my team sorted....last spot between Sterling (spurs a), Pienaar (Arsenal h), or Berbatov(Chelsea a)
    What ye reckon?

I went for Berbatov in a very similar position, it seems to be the only decision anyone needs to make, I didn't have Pienaar in the mix but I wouldn't consider him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

shawcross or cuellar? i have shawcross in at the moment because i think qpr will play out of their skins for the first game under redknapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Any Sunderlan QPR lineups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

cup of tea wrote: »
    Any Sunderlan QPR lineups?

Sess, Fletcher both start, no O Shea Tarrabt in for QPR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

SUNDERLAND: Mignolet, Bardsley, Rose, Kilgallon, Cuellar, Cattermole, Gardner, Larsson, Johnson, Sessegnon, Fletcher.

QPR: Cesar, Diakite, Traore, Hill, Cisse, Taarabt, Mackie, Granero, Nelsen, Bosingwa, Mbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Last call to make, should it be Ba up front away to Stoke or Gorkss in Defense against a poor Villa side? thinking of going with a coin toss..........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Reading: Federici, Cummings, Shorey, Mariappa, Morrison, Leigertwood, Tabb, McAnuff (c), Robson-Kanu, Roberts, Le Fondre

VILLA: Guzan, Clark, Baker, Lowton, Stevens, Bannan, Westwood, Holman, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Reading: Federici, Cummings, Shorey, Mariappa, Morrison, Leigertwood, Tabb, McAnuff (c), Robson-Kanu, Roberts, Le Fondre

No Gorkss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Torn between Puncheon in form and at home to Norwich and Fellaini returning from injury and home to Arsenal...

decisions decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thanos wrote: »
    Last call to make, should it be Ba up front away to Stoke or Gorkss in Defense against a poor Villa side? thinking of going with a coin toss..........:confused:

Ba everytime, Defender is more than likely just going to pick up 2 points but with a striker theres always a better chance of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like Gorkss has paid the price for his two errors at the weekend. Only got him last week :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Now that Gorkss is dropped, Cuellar and Guzan are my only players tonight. 2 home CSs please.

Looking at my team for the GW, I really have no idea what to predict. 7 are at home but I'm not holding very high hopes somehow going on my last 5-6 GWs. Could be wildcard time very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Come on Sessegnon! (got a good ring to it that chant) :p

• Advertisement

Clattermole subbed off. More confident of Sunderland finishing with 11 men now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

manual_man wrote: »
    Clattermole subbed off. More confident of Sunderland finishing with 11 men now

Apparently Rose was clattered and is struggling too. Doesn't bode well for defensive organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I don't watch many sunderland games. Does Cuellar always get forward that much or is only in the game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

QPR should be 1 up. Good chance for Mackie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Come on Sunderland, get the finger out and repay my (probably misguided) faith in you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

cuellar booked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'll take a Sunderland scoreless draw right now :) can't remember the last time I got a clean sheet

Cuellar with a yeller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Cuellar with a yeller

And so it begins again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Fletcher should of had one there. Green with a good save.

Advertisement