Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Standing area with seated ticket?

Options
  • 27-11-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

There's a gang of us going to Mumford & Sons in December, I got my gf a ticket through a ballot on mumfordandsons.com, I selected a standing ticket but they sent out a seated ticket. Rang the ticket company and they apologised but can't replace with a standing ticket.

Anyway, do you think it'd be possible to get her into the standing area with the seated ticket? She obviously don't want to be sitting on her own and would love to be in the standing area with the gang.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

jamieh wrote: »
    I selected a standing ticket but they sent out a standing ticket. Rang the ticket company and they apologised but can't replace with a standing ticket.

Ehhh??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Usually there are different entrances for standing and sitting, so this might be tricky.

I think it would be a good idea to try adverts.ie or toutless.com and try to swap the sitting ticket for a standing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

There's a gang of us going to Mumford & Sons in December, I got my gf a ticket through a ballot on mumfordandsons.com, I selected a standing ticket but they sent out a standing ticket. Rang the ticket company and they apologised but can't replace with a standing ticket.

Anyway, do you think it'd be possible to get her into the standing area with the seated ticket? She obviously don't want to be sitting on her own and would love to be in the standing area with the gang.

Am I missing something? :P

Answer to the question though, if the gig is already sold out then not a hope. If it's not but will be by the time the show comes around, buy a standing ticket now and sell the seated one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

they are pretty strict on moving someone from seated to standing,all lifts and stairs are manned with ticket checkers,I know as I am staff there,a swap would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

BroLo wrote: »
    Am I missing something? :P

Answer to the question though, if the gig is already sold out then not a hope. If it's not but will be by the time the show comes around, buy a standing ticket now and sell the seated one.

oh, it's sold out alright, from day one. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Irish Aris wrote: »

oh, it's sold out alright, from day one. . .
    Then your only option is to try and arrange a swap via adverts.ie or toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Yeah it will be no problem I've done it lots of times. You can make your way down the back stairs or if you want to be helpful then ask them they usually have people looking to move etc they're mostly glad to have an extra seat

Edit: she will have to go in through the entrance on her ticket though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

samina wrote: »
    Yeah it will be no problem I've done it lots of times. You can make your way down the back stairs or if you want to be helpful then ask them they usually have people looking to move etc they're mostly glad to have an extra seat

Edit: she will have to go in through the entrance on her ticket though
    they now have staff at all stairs to prevent people with seated tickets moving to standing,only exceptions is if the gig is quiet or all seated

Advertisement