Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Club/Society Webpages and hosting

• 27-11-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I hope this is the right place to ask, but I'm hoping to soon enough make simple wordpress type websites for one or two UL clubs I'm involved in, to be used as the clubs official website. I'm just wondering that if I create it all locally on my computer, do I just hand over the wordpress data over to the chaps at skynet and they are then able to host the website for me?

I've never done this kind of thing before so I'm a little in the dark!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

if you paid your 4euro skynet subscription, that includes your hosting

just ftp into skynet.ie using your username and password, and drop your word press files into your public_html folder (you may need to create the directory if it doesn't exist, right click in your folder to do this)

then access your webpage from skynet.ie/~YOURUSERNAME

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Thanks, I'll have a look into getting one of those Skynet Subscriptions. Doesn't sound too bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Clubs and societies can get an account from skynet free of charge. Email accounts /at/ skynet /dot/ ie with your request.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Excellent! And here I was worried we'd have to dedicate €4 from our budget annually to website hosting! I'll just need to figure out now how to make a functional website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Just remember to ask for database access if you wish to host a wordpress.org site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement