Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S3 chewed by dog

• 27-11-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

My dog has chewed my S3 and the screen doesn't work. The phone switches on and beeps. What can I do to get it fixed? The phone is locked to 3 and is about two weeks old.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

joolsveer wrote: »
    My dog has chewed my S3 and the screen doesn't work. The phone switches on and beeps. What can I do to get it fixed? The phone is locked to 3 and is about two weeks old.

The vet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

That's woof.

Had you it insured? Most of the shops that unlock phones do screen repairs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

lucky he didn't swallow it. his arse would be buzzing like crazy.
    it should be under warranty.bring it back and they will fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Jeez that's the dogs.

Not sure if that is fixable under warranty but worth a try I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Warranty covers manufacturing faults, not accidental damage there's no way a repair would be covered for the like of a dog chewing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Household insurance may cover it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Screen replacement is €150, if you go the official route. Check your house insurance if you have it because it might be covered. Mine was after I cracked the glass after 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

rebeve wrote: »
    The vet !

I went to the vet with it and the dog because she also tore some stitches out. He couldn't restitch her paw and he couldn't fix my phone either.

I brought the phone to a shop in Blanchardstown. It's going cost €225 to have a new screen fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

crazygeryy wrote: »

Is Samsung have a Warranty like that, i'll gladly jump the HTC Ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Was your homework on it?

• Advertisement

Did you buy it on credit card? Most credit cards have free insurance on your purchase for a short period. My UB card would cover accidental damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I brought my Nexus 7 to work and when I had it home I noticed that the screen was smashed,some one must have stood on it.I sent it back to Asus and they repaired it ( and unrooted it the scamps)Id chance sending it back and see what happens.If its just the screen Id def try my best to get samsung to fix it .
    Is the exterior of the phone fecked aswell?

Advertisement