Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof-reading?

Options
  • 27-11-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I’m very close to submitting my PhD thesis however, I’m the first to admit that my spelling/grammar skills aren’t great. I’m fairly confident in most of my thesis except for the first chapter (40 page general introduction to the area). I’ve gone over it multiple times but I’d feel more confidant if a fresh pair of eyes looked over it. I’ve searched online and there seems to be a fare few people around that offer this service but I was hoping for a recommendation. Does anyone know how long (estimate) it would take to get 40 pages proofed.

Has anyone on here used a proof-reader they could recommend? (if it goes against the rules perhaps PM me instead).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I haven't used any proof-reading services but just wanted to say that I saw a leaflet for proof-reading on the noticeboard halfway up the stairs in the Campus Book Shop in UCD (if that's where you are located).

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Preusse wrote: »
    I haven't used any proof-reading services but just wanted to say that I saw a leaflet for proof-reading on the noticeboard halfway up the stairs in the Campus Book Shop in UCD (if that's where you are located).

Not based in UCD but thanks anyway.

Advertisement