Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC coming to London???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Look like it might be:

UFC on Fuel TV 7 February 16, 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

RainMaker wrote: »
    Look like it might be:

On further investigation the above was scheduled for an international event

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Tickets ranging from £55 - £220

Might hound the missus as a Christmas present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Interesting that it's going into Wembley this time, that's a fair bit smaller than The O2. I'd say a few of the UK TUF fighters will be on the card, injuries permitting.

On sale tomorrow for the fan club so has to be announced today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Only a 7 week turn a round from CW 51. Could see an Irish fighter on the card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I can see Conor being on this card, just from a previous post, think it was SBG who said watch this space. Probably totally wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

scudzilla wrote: »
    I can see Conor being on this card, just from a previous post, think it was SBG who said watch this space. Probably totally wrong though

and John tweeted this

John Kavanagh ‏@John_Kavanagh
    contract signed and returned...fight tba in 24hrs #makinghistory
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
    23 Nov John Kavanagh ‏@John_Kavanagh
    oh boy...just verbally agreed a fight today that just might make MMA history. that's how we roll!! stay tuned ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

On sale tomorrow without any fights announced, that be crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Is it just me or does that link go to a different page now than it did this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

rain on wrote: »
    Is it just me or does that link go to a different page now than it did this morning?

It definitely had a different page a few hours ago giving a date for sale of tickets etc. The plot thickens. As it has been said before they usually book several venues before announcing an event anywhere.

• Advertisement

rain on wrote: »

Looks like the event was removed, was definitely there. The Mirror wrote an article about it that's now been removed too: Link

Weird.. the plot thickens indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Maybe they've switched it to Dublin.
    Paddys day isn't too far away! :pac:

The UFC will finally return to London after a two-and-a-half year drought, booking a show that will take place on February 16 at Wembley Arena.

MMA Fighting confirmed the event, which will be UFC on FUEL 7, with sources close to the promotion. It was first reported by the UK's Daily Mirror newspaper, though the report was eventually taken down from their website.

The UFC has not visited London since October 2010, when Michael Bisping and Yoshihiro Akiyama headlined UFC 120, with the Brit winning in his homeland by unanimous decision. That event, which took place at the 02 Arena, drew 17,133 fans and a gate of over $2.5 million.

Since then, the UFC has returned to the UK on two other occasions, visiting Birmingham for UFC 138 in November 2011 and Nottingham for UFC on FUEL: Struve vs. Miocic in September 2012.

Wembley Arena holds about 12,500 fans, according to the arena's website, though floor seating could potentially increase that number. It will be the UFC's first visit to the venue.

No matches have yet to be agreed upon for the show, but the event is likely to be officially announced shortly.

• Company Representative Posts: 42 Verified rep Cage Contender

SDTimeout wrote: »
    and John tweeted this

oh boy...just verbally agreed a fight today that just might make MMA history. that's how we roll!! stay tuned ;)

Maybe it's Holohan or Ais??

Can't see Conor getting out of his NYE fight and he wants it too bad. My guess is Holohan or Pendred maybe. Congrats anyway, long overdue

Event officially announced now by UFC UK on Twitter. https://twitter.com/UFC_UK/status/273723214499299330

Shall we let the predictions begin? Neither John Hathaway nor Dan Hardy have a fight scheduled so expect them to be on the card. Then you're looking at Che Mills, John Maguire, Brad Pickett, Tom Watson. Outside the Brits you have Gunnar Nelson, Cyrille Diabate, Cheick Kongo (oh God just remembering his last fight in London), Denis Siver then the surprise Irish fighter. Then you have the big star to headline and draw the crowds. Rich Franklin is always one to fight abroad and a fan favourite so maybe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Gunnar Nelson just retweeted the @UFC_UK announcement so I'm going to guess he will be on the card.

https://twitter.com/GunniNelson

I think John Maguire is the only British fighter on the Nottingham card to have fought or even booked another fight since the card. So yeh I expect to see pretty much Sass, Mahuire, Hathaway, Manuwa, Che Mills, Watson, De Fries, Picket, Phil Harris maybe, Irish fighter, maybe even Rosi Sexton but probably not. And possibly a few off the Smashes. With a top 15 international fighter, like Thiago Alves. Hope there's not the ususal outrage of 'this card is terrible' cos that's such a tired discussion.

• Advertisement

Xlami wrote: »
    I think John Maguire is the only British fighter on the Nottingham card to have fought or even booked another fight since the card. So yeh I expect to see pretty much Sass, Mahuire, Hathaway, Manuwa, Che Mills, Watson, De Fries, Picket, Phil Harris maybe, Irish fighter, maybe even Rosi Sexton but probably not. And possibly a few off the Smashes. With a top 15 international fighter, like Thiago Alves. Hope there's not the ususal outrage of 'this card is terrible' cos that's such a tired discussion.

Think Thiago Alves has retired for a year or two. If enough hype is thrown behind the Matt Riddle call out of Dan Hardy that could be a potential for a headliner.

p to the e wrote: »
    Think Thiago Alves has retired for a year or two. If enough hype is thrown behind the Matt Riddle call out of Dan Hardy that could be a potential for a headliner.

Yeh I actually was thinking of that one but I don't know if Riddle has the name to headline a card. I am a fan of Riddle but I wonder who the worst fighter to ever headline a UFC card is.

Just as I post it; this pops up on twitter. Matt Riddle Vs Che Mills first fight announced. http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17637-che-mills-vs-matt-riddle-lined-up-for-ufc-london-show

And Manuwa confirmed also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

It I wonder who the worst fighter to ever headline a UFC card is.

from recent memory Mark Coleman? Vs Randy Couture UFC 109.

Legend from the early days and PRIDE but he really looked like he had no business being there, I remember him wincing walking up the steps to the cage.

But how far are we going back here? I'm sure we can drag up whoppers from back in the day.

Ye just remembered Sean Salmon headlined against Rashad :o just checked his Sherdog and he's 18-19 on a 10 fight losing streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

66 quid flight to stansted :) check out a championship match as prem league on international break! Stay in a friends house!! This looks promising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just as I post it; this pops up on twitter. Matt Riddle Vs Che Mills first fight announced. http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17637-che-mills-vs-matt-riddle-lined-up-for-ufc-london-show

And Manuwa confirmed also.

That fight isn't announced? It says being lined up.

Riddle and Hathaway have verbally agreed on twitter to fight.

matthew riddle ‏@riddletuf7
    @ufcjohnhathaway well well mr.hathaway I accept your challenge call joe silva I'm more than happy to fight you let's do it in feb or march
    Retweeted by John Hathaway
    Expand

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

SDTimeout wrote: »
    and John tweeted this

Looks like he may have been talking about McGregor fighting for the Lightweight belt and making history becoming the 1st CW champ at 2 weight classes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

yup as there'd be nowt historic about an irish guy fighting on UFC, been a few already
    i'll save that tweet for when an irish guy is fighting for ufc title :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I wonder who the worst fighter to ever headline a UFC card is.

Elvis Sinosic, when he fought Tito for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Is it not a bit flippant to advertise a card without a mention of a single fight at time of announcement?. Do they ever do this for card announcements in the US?.

Is it not a bit flippant to advertise a card without a mention of a single fight at time of announcement?. Do they ever do this for card announcements in the US?.

This card would sell out tomorrow without the mention of a single fight in my opinion.

p to the e wrote: »

This card would sell out tomorrow without the mention of a single fight in my opinion.
    I don't think it'd sell out without any fights named but it'd definitely sell most of the tickets.
    The UFC just has to mention they're coming to town and they'll shift tickets straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah. It's very common.
    Most of the time its in a city they don't regularly go to they announce the city/venue first, then fights over the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Am I missing something? When are tickets going on sale, or have they all gone already?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Am I missing something? When are tickets going on sale, or have they all gone already?

Ticketmaster originally had it that tickets went on sale today, but they've removed it, no word yet on when they'll be out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

think i'll go to this one..

think i'll go to this one..
    Another cryptic post! When are you gonna announce who's on the card?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

RainMaker wrote: »
    Look like it might be:

London is going to be a major Combat Sports city with UFC in Feb and Glory 5 in March. I'm hoping to get to the Glory show.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

must be gunnar for sure ;)

• Advertisement

From UFC on facebook:
    Tickets for UFC: London 2013 go on sale tomorrow at 10:30am for Fight Club members, 6th for Newsletter members & 7th for general public. got to: Ticketmaster.co.uk or ufc.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Nothing official from UFC, but looks like we'll be seeing the usual suspects. Not too surprising.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17702-ufc-london-adds-terry-etim-paul-sass-andy-ogle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Read on a fellas facebook that tickets start at £110!!!

Thats me out if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thats me out if true.

Yet a U.S ON FUEL event has all tickets in all sections for less than half the rpice of the UK ON FUEL events :rolleyes:

Yet the sheep will still flock there in droves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Thats me out if true.

I've heard that tickets are £50-£200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Thats me out if true.

They start at £50 + booking fee. They top out at £200.

Edit: Just seen the replies on the next page with same info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The ufc just sent out an email with the newsletter password for early ticket access before general sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    The ufc just sent out an email with the newsletter password for early ticket access before general sale.
    What is it?

You can buy them today with a £61.99 extra charge for the fight club membership. No thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement