Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speeds.

Options
  • 27-11-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Basically I'm just looking for download and upload speeds in my area. My address is Ballykiveen, Monard, Co. Tipperary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Basically I'm just looking for download and upload speeds in my area. My address is Ballykiveen, Monard, Co. Tipperary.

Hi RidleyRider

I have tested a couple of neighbours lines in this exchange and maximum capability speeds are ranging from 1-5mbs. This is mainly due to the distance from the exchange. As telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight the distance that the broadband signal may have to travel can be further than expected. As broadband is available in this area each line will need to be tested individually as broadband is not a guaranteed services. If there's a phone socket at your address can you clip a phone/handset into the socket & try dialling 199000. This should call back a number to you, once you have this number PM it to me & I'll run some tests on this line for you.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Hi RidleyRider

I have tested a couple of neighbours lines in this exchange and maximum capability speeds are ranging from 1-5mbs. This is mainly due to the distance from the exchange. As telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight the distance that the broadband signal may have to travel can be further than expected. As broadband is available in this area each line will need to be tested individually as broadband is not a guaranteed services. If there's a phone socket at your address can you clip a phone/handset into the socket & try dialling 199000. This should call back a number to you, once you have this number PM it to me & I'll run some tests on this line for you.

Regards
    Linda

Cheers for that Linda, I'll chop too it.

Advertisement