Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I Get a cheep Slide Mitre Saw?

• 27-11-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all just Wondering if anyone has recently bought a Slide Compound Mitre Saw, of anytype which was good Value for money , I only need one for normal house hold DIY I am not in the trade,

If you have seen any please let me know where ,

I am locate in Swords Co Dub thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Morlock wrote: »
    Hi all just Wondering if anyone has recently bought a Slide Compound Mitre Saw, of anytype which was good Value for money , I only need one for normal house hold DIY I am not in the trade,

If you have seen any please let me know where ,

I am locate in Swords Co Dub thanks

You will pick one up on the cheap in any builders providers.

Also look in Argos too.

I bought a Lidl/Parkside sliding cross cut mitre saw a few months back for 60 euro,

Absolutely fantastic bit of kit,and more akin to a big brand 200+ euro model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

+1 on the Parkside one (although thought I paid nearer to the ton for it!) - have it three years now and its done a lot of work and still going strong.. only problem is you never really know when they might be there again....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tom Joad wrote: »
    +1 on the Parkside one (although thought I paid nearer to the ton for it!) - have it three years now and its done a lot of work and still going strong.. only problem is you never really know when they might be there again....

Yep 99 euro,then 6-8 weeks later they were down to 60 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I have the Aldi version that I picked up on adverts.ie and its pretty good as well. The only thing with these is that the stock blade isn't the best but that can be easily swapped out for a better one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Keep an eye out in Bnq .... they have a green saw made by a company called evolution that occasionally drops down to 100euro... usual price is like 160 but if you can find it cheaper elsewhere they knock 10% off the lower price so shop around...

I myself am a carpenter and have used DeWalt for years but grabbed this saw as I need something light and portable and this saw was perfect for me... another plus for some people is the fact it can cut steel, wood, plastic and a few other bits although this will make the blades blunter faster.... the saw does give a lovely cut from standard though... I can upload pics if you want to see the quality of cut.

Hope this helps,
    Steven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

The one slppwer is referring to is the evoloution fury 3. I have one myself and would recommend it.Just make sure you get the XL one. The blade on the smaller one is pretty small but might be adequate for your needs but I would say go for the larger one.

And yes, get it in a sale. Woodies or B&Q both sell it

Advertisement