Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone bought the 'cat den maisonette' off zooplus?

• 27-11-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Hi looking at this online looks nifty enough, plastic slats to keep out the draft, can add some more insulation for extra warmth...€55 seems steep for self assembly house though...
    Has anyone else bought this?

http://m.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/cat_beds_baskets/cat_houses/outdoor/278231?previousProductGroupId=95004

My cat goes out at around 5 and can't get back in until around 9.30/10
    At the moment she has a plastic indoor litter as out house lined with polystyrene but there is no flap on it and although she loves napping in it I'm not sure its warm enough for these temperatures

Does wood provide much extra warmth?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well they used to build houses out of wood only and stuff moss in between the the planks to keep them air tight so in that sense yes wood can isolate. However seeing the thickness of this type of houses I'd only bother to go with it because it looks better/sturdier and add in isolation material / padding as well to make it warmer including a blanket or similar at the front entrance to keep the heat in but not for the wood used in the house being noticably warmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I persuaded my mother to buy one for our cat at home, its nice but I'm not sure it will last a few seasons outside. Its a bit flimsy and parts of it will damage easily or break off. The cat has no interest in it at all :rolleyes:

In all honesty I think you'd be better off buying a good dog kennel or rabbit house thats more likely to last and insulate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Thanks guys, its snazzy looking which is what you're paying for I suppose

Will look into a small kennel and do my own insulation job on it

Its bitter out there tonight!

Advertisement