Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Limit

• 27-11-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

This is almost certainly a stupid question but... I hooked up my Sky box to my Broadband and see that a film for example is 1.13 gb so say I download this does this then mean that my usage for the month will be 1.13gb or is it more or less than the 1.13gb?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

It means that you will download 1.13 gb so that will be added on to what ever else you have used in the month. eg you are using some of your download usage on board's now or any other site you visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

It means that you will download 1.13 gb so that will be added on to what ever else you have used in the month. eg you are using some of your download usage on board's now or any other site you visit.

Perfect thanks for that I thought as much, I only ever get to 10% of my allowance per month anyway on average but now that I have On Demand hooked up that could rise, I just wanted to be sure I dont go over the limits. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If the resultant file is 1.13GB then the associated usage will be more as for every packet sent the receiving machine has to tell the sending machine that the packet was received and correct if not it asks for it to be resent.

You should be able to find the average overhead percentage somewhere on the internet.

Advertisement