Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameStop Preorder Hussle

• 27-11-2012 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Basically i want to know where we stand with pre order prices with gamestop .
    My understanding is that if i pay 49 euro now to gamestop for Far Cry thats me creating a contract by accepting their offer at 49 euro for FC3

Except now come friday i know for a fact theyre going to ramp the price up to 60 and ask for an extra tenner off me ,

Is there anyway of me disputing this ?
    Also does anyone else deplore this ****ty practice ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm sure they cover themselves with some kind of bull**** terms and conditions although if you're never presented them, you might have a case.

Best thing I can think of is to go in, tell them you don't agree to their new price, get your money back and go to HMV where it will be €49.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

well i'l go in quoting the shoe lane parking case where if the terms are not presented before the sale theyre not valid

My only problem is that i traded AC 3 in for FC3 plus 4 euro , if i say i'm going accross the street to HMV they wont give the 49 back

What i was wondering is placing a payment not fixing the contract to what was advertised , much like a bookie pay out the odds you bet not the final ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Basically i want to know where we stand with pre order prices with gamestop .
    My understanding is that if i pay 49 euro now to gamestop for Far Cry thats me creating a contract by accepting their offer at 49 euro for FC3

Except now come friday i know for a fact theyre going to ramp the price up to 60 and ask for an extra tenner off me ,

Is there anyway of me disputing this ?
    Also does anyone else deplore this ****ty practice ?

I think they get out of it because technically, if you gave them the €49, you're not buying the game, you're putting a deposit on it as the final sale price hasn't been confirmed. They're not offering you the game at €49, they're saying it should be €49. But if they decide to change the price, you have the opportunity to not purchase the game and instead get your money/deposit back as the sale hasn't been completed.

Maybe they do it on purpose because they know with some games it'd be too late to preorder somewhere else and they know people will just pay the extra. Who knows? The point is, there's nothing you can do about it. If you think there's a chance it'll happen, don't preorder from there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you don't want to pay 60 euro you can get your 10 euro back. They however don't have to honour the pre-order price.

Advertisement