Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom refuse but line renters accept?

Options
  • 27-11-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering why it is that Eircom refuse service in my area and tell me (direct quote) "you can only get 1mb in your area, the line is poor quality", when a competing firm, renting your lines can and have given me 8mb broadband.

Just seems a bit odd. Any comments, insights? Eircom was my preferred choice, but poor and innacurate sales advice scared me away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering why it is that Eircom refuse service in my area and tell me (direct quote) "you can only get 1mb in your area, the line is poor quality", when a competing firm, renting your lines can and have given me 8mb broadband.

Just seems a bit odd. Any comments, insights? Eircom was my preferred choice, but poor and innacurate sales advice scared me away.

Hi CruelCoin,

Can you PM me with your telephone number so I can run some direct checks on your line. address & exchange please.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

No, sorry.

Not interested in switching as this tends to be a half year of letters to and fro and a million phone calls, to get done.

Just letting you know that there is a marked difference between what Eircom say you can get on their lines, and what you can actually get.
    This is costing you business, just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,969 ✭✭✭✭listermint

did this 'other operator' run line checks or are they just speculating as to what you can get.

Additionally when you went with this other operator did the speeds match what they had said you would get ?

Genuinely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I went with Digiweb in the end.

Advertised 8mb at 1:1 contention. Actual speed i'm getting is 7mb, with 30ms ping and 0% packet loss, which is acceptable for me.
    Just odd that i can get 7mb with them on Eircom phone lines, when Eircom themselves say i could only get 1mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi CruelCoin

Apologies for this, It seems to me that you may have been initially misinfomed by an eircom agent as you are indeed correct regarding the ownership of the line. The reason why mark was asking for your telephpone number was to have another look at what speeds your line can handle. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement