Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spawn problems in Halo 4?

Options
  • 27-11-2012 5:08pm

Has anybody noticed any problems with the spawns in halo 4 multiplayer?

I keep spawning either on top of my enemy or miles away from the action in team slayer.

I've also noticed a lot of spawn killing going on in a few maps, in particular on Abandon. Anyone with a sniper rifle or any kind of ranged weapon like a DMR, BR, light rifle, etc can kill you in the centre, and then have you under fire again immediately when you respawn at the far end. It seems crazy to spawn a player within direct line of sight of the enemy team.

Seems like 343 need to tweak the basics of spawning. I'm sure the blue team in this video would agree. The entire last half of it is basically their players spawning near their base (which a banshee was circling), trying to run away, and then getting killed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19SIvF-DhkE

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, was playing a few games of SWAT there today and I spawned right by the other team 3 or 4 times.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, was playing a few games of SWAT there today and I spawned right by the other team 3 or 4 times.

I actually found myself directly behind a guy from the opposing team who spawned right in front of me the other night. I stickied him, just purely by instinct, and he died without ever seeing me. He must've thought i was some b*st*rd :P

I wonder, would you be able to pull of spawn assasinations if you got your spot just right? You could easily figure out exactly where the spawn points are using forge mode. That would be the ultimate kick in the nuts. Somebody spawning only to get knifed in the back immediately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Seems like 343 need to tweak the basics of spawning. I'm sure the blue team in this video would agree. The entire last half of it is basically their players spawning near their base (which a banshee was circling), trying to run away, and then getting killed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19SIvF-DhkE

No wonder they got destroyed. Not a single plasma pistol used to take down the banshee.

Havent noticed bad spawning myself tbh. But I havent had much time to play in the last few weeks.

Korvanica wrote: »
    No wonder they got destroyed. Not a single plasma pistol used to take down the banshee....

I noticed that myself. A little teamwork and a few plasma pistols and stickies would have gone a long way to sorting out the banshee problem, but still, their team should have had more options than always being respawned in one of the same 3 predictable locations where they were always isolated, and always in danger.

There was one spawn, over near the trees, where the guy in the banshee had his targeting reticule already aimed, waiting for the guy to appear. The chap spawned and was blown up within a second. There was no escape. That's messed up.

A few seconds of invincibility on spawn would sort this problem out completely. The same ability that the brute chieftains used in H3. Just 5 or 6 seconds where you can kill but not be killed would encourage people to stay away from spawn killing. It's strange that it hasn't been introduced into the game so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Got a double kill on the same guy in SWAT!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement