Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Ops II Zombie Thread

• 27-11-2012 5:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Figured I throw a zombie thread since I don't think there is one and there'll probably be another 4 zombie maps coming.
    So has any1 done the easter egg for the current one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Not yet, I seems like a lot of hassle to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Just completed it today with two people. Been trying it for about a week tho!

Pro tip: put money in the bank to keep the rounds as low as possible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

What do you mean "another 4 zombie maps"?

There is only one zombie map so far. I wouldn't regard splitting it up (the cheap c*nts) into different areas as separate maps. Imagine if they cut up Call of the Dead and said "hey, here's two new maps for you..."

I've been unimpressed with Treyarch as far as the zombie section goes....I have to say, maybe it's just me...but the way they were banging on about it....I was expecting a WHOLE LOT MORE and that's putting it mildly to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm actually going to buy Black Ops 1 this weekend again just to get a proper Zombies mode back. Really, really disappointed with the rubbish they've served up this time around.

I'm actually going to buy Black Ops 1 this weekend again just to get a proper Zombies mode back. Really, really disappointed with the rubbish they've served up this time around.

Couldn't agree more.

I actually like the multiplayer aspect of BLOPS2, definitely a step up from MW3 which was pure torture. But I was expecting so much more from Treyarch with zombies. I mean they're taking in a billion quid a year with CoD...surely they can afford to hire a couple of extra hands to really get the best out of this game for the people that have made them extraordinarily wealthy. I like CoD...it has it's up's and down's but I'm definitely no fanboy. If it's good I'll praise it, if not I'll criticize it...same with any other game.

If they don't want to go that extra yard for the people that buy the game...fair enough, hand over the mod tools to the community so that we can get the best out of YOUR game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Have to say im a huge zombie fan but ive only payed the new maps twice and pretty disappointed.It doesnt compare to black ops 1 and even world at war had pretty quality maps compared to black ops 2.

maybe i just havent given it a proper chance?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Yousef wrote: »
    What do you mean "another 4 zombie maps"?

There is only one zombie map so far. I wouldn't regard splitting it up (the cheap c*nts) into different areas as separate maps. Imagine if they cut up Call of the Dead and said "hey, here's two new maps for you..."

What I said was there'll probably be another 4 maps coming i.e the 4 dlc drops. not that there is 4 maps currently

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Have to say im a huge zombie fan but ive only payed the new maps twice and pretty disappointed.It doesnt compare to black ops 1 and even world at war had pretty quality maps compared to black ops 2.

maybe i just havent given it a proper chance?

What's there to give?

I'm a huge zombie fan myself and I have to say that Tranzit is a quality map...but that's just it, it's one map. Splitting it up into different sections and calling it three new zombie maps is not only corner cutting, it's downright offensive to the people that buy the game..particularly those people such as myself that bought it primarily for zombies.

There are far more games on the market now that offer the zombie experience than there were four years ago. It's hard to justify the work, or lack of, that they put into zombies this year. As I said in the previous post, they need to give the community the keys to the factory. Look at DayZ to see whats possible...

Treyarch have done next to nothing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

If they got rid of the fog,fire and those things that cling onto you itd be grand but its almost unbearable. Itd be great if there was just the tranzit mode, and then seperate maps but they really cut corners here and was expecting waaaay more then we got. Dissappinting all in all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

If they got rid of the fog,fire and those things that cling onto you itd be grand but its almost unbearable..

Come on what do you want, another Kino Der Toten where a 5 year old could get to round 50. It makes it harder and more of a challenge instead of just rape training in one room.

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying zombies anyway but I haven't really given it a good lash at high rounds or anything yet. I saw the easter egg completed on youtube and it seems like a whole lot of work for nothing except completing the achievement, unless im missing something. Or else they'll have more to the story in future maps.

Grief mode is good crack, something different and it doesn't go on for hours either so its good for a quick game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Send me an invite Perrin if your lookin for players, MP gets boring had I've only played zombies on BL2 once

I've bitched in the other thread before and I'll do the same here - What the fúck is with people not pressing 'Ready Up' to start the game.
    You came into zombies for what? To sit in the lobby thinking 'Hmmm why won't this game start?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yousef wrote: »
    What's there to give?

I'm a huge zombie fan myself and I have to say that Tranzit is a quality map...but that's just it, it's one map. Splitting it up into different sections and calling it three new zombie maps is not only corner cutting, it's downright offensive to the people that buy the game..particularly those people such as myself that bought it primarily for zombies.

There are far more games on the market now that offer the zombie experience than there were four years ago. It's hard to justify the work, or lack of, that they put into zombies this year. As I said in the previous post, they need to give the community the keys to the factory. Look at DayZ to see whats possible...

Treyarch have done next to nothing....

have to agree. What's particularly annoying is that the nuketown zombies map only came with the hardened edition.
    Unfortunately I preordered but didn't realise i needed that to get nuketown zombies. I assumed that when i preordered and got nuketown I'd get both.

Tranzit is a class map. But it's only one map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've bitched in the other thread before and I'll do the same here - What the fúck is with people not pressing 'Ready Up' to start the game.
    You came into zombies for what? To sit in the lobby thinking 'Hmmm why won't this game start?'

They're finishing their ****. It's the reason there's so many campers in multiplayer. they're all playing one handed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

They gave five and kino with black ops 1

Haven't done the Easter egg - do you get perks?

Personally find the fog etc very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Anyone know the deal with the permanent perks?

Afaik permanent quick revive is 16 revives in one game.

Supposedly there is permanent stamina up too.

Dunno about quick revive, I've heard between 15 and 18 revives.

What i do know is that they're not permanent. You lose them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are ya sure ya lose them?,everytime my brother has played quick revive has been on when he started

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Are ya sure ya lose them?,everytime my brother has played quick revive has been on when he started

Yeah i've heard it on youtube vids and from people in my lobbies. Haven't actually gotten any myself to experience it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

I'm liking zombies so far. My only problem is the idiot team mates you get stuck with (I don't like playing solo, find it boring). Generally only die when all my team mates go down, and me like an idiot trying to revive them. Yesterday, round 20 on farm and some idiot decides to fling an emp grenade just as he and the other 2 players in the lobby go down... consequently knocking out my juggernaut and quick revive. To makes matters worse, I run into the farmhouse to try and revive the guy upstairs to find that the fupping spoon has crawled halfway down the stairs, basically trapping me :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Tend to play Tranzit the most.

Our system would be

- Make turbine in the depot, finish 2 rounds get bus
    - Get to the diner, make the zombie shield, and gamble til we each have a rifle.
    - Stick around the diner for a few rounds and hope to get the galvaknuckles.
    - Bus to farm, make turret, back on bus.
    - Turn on the power, 3 move to town on bus, 1 stays behind to open packapunch room.
    - Upgrade our guns, and hold down the packapunch room (1 person at the top of the stairs, 1 person in the bar across the street. The 3 of us in packapunch room will rotate who controls the stairs based on who has the best gun, usually HAMR/GALIL/RPD)

We find this system will get you to mid to late 20's each time. Being in town is the most reliable because you have jug,packapunch,stamina up and the ability to bank your earnings after each round. It's also only a short jog to the depot/power house.

If anyone fancies trying this out, CheGueBarro is my gamertag, generally a few of us online, makes for a good laugh.

Disclaimer, we take tea/spliff breaks so someone will need to look after a crawler/walker in the packapunch room to stop it closing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

As posted in the raaaaaggge comics section many moons ago:pac:

tsmMO.png

Haha perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SpottyWetWang

Any one know if you can only get the Perma Perks playing online?
    I always play splitscreen with friends, I've tried letting one go down and reviving him 20 times, but I don't seem to have gotten anything.

I'd highly recommend packing the M16 off the wall, It's so handy to be able to run back from the town to grab ammo when needed. I always just hang out in the tunnel by myself until about round 10 with it and the pistol, really racks up the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Len10157

hey lads im having a problem on multiplayer my nat type is open but when i go into zombies i have strict nat type does anyone know how to change this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Anyone still playing this on the PS? Getting my ass handed to me and need a hand :p

Advertisement