Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicer suggestions.

Options
  • 27-11-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I just bought a juicer and I am looking for suggestions on the best combination of fruits/vegetables to juice together.

Two combinations I am looking for suggestions on would be:
    a) To have in the morning to set you up for the day.
    b) Before going to the gym to give you energy before a workout.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hi,

I like brocolli in almost all blends. I find that if I don't cook the veg first it can be quite hard on my stomach and my intestines so what I do it blil some water, put in the brocolli nd turn off the immediately. This allows the brocolli to partially cook, but also makes the vitamins and minerals more bioavailable.
    • 1/2 head of brocolli (cooked or raw, I prefer it half cooked)
    • 1 Tsp to 1 Tbsp of honey (I like really strong honey, like Manuka)
    • 3 Tbsp nuts/seeds (pumpkin, linseeds, whatever)
    • 200ml water or soya milk or milk or whatever you like, I usually mix mine with whey protein powder (vanilla tastes best for this combination)(figure out how much liquid you like)
    • 1 Apple (cored, not peeled)
    • Squeeze of lemon/lime juice (makes phytonutrients easier to access, supposedly)
    • Tbsp of olive oil
    • Optional to put in a Tbsp of coconut oil (instead of olive oil) or a banana, good source of sugar and potassium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I have carrot and 1lemon enough to make a pint every second evening great for the skin. Carrot lemon cucumber and celery(great for a detox) carrot beetroot spinach and lemon, if running out of carrots put in apples.
    I buy my carrots in lidi you get 2kg bags for €1.89 and there lemons seem to be the best at 99cent for 3 .
    Mix and match when juicing find which suits you as some concoctions can be hard to take. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

What kind of juicer did you get?
    I'm looking for a centrifuge one that isn't enormous and everywhere I go seems to only have the kind that would need it's own kitchen! I used to have one that cost me 40 quid, small, great... why did I ever think I could do better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Without wishing to hi-jack and/or go OT, how much is a decent mid-range juicer?

Advertisement