Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christain Louboutin Boots

• 27-11-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting the girlfriend a pair for Christmas but I remember her looking at some that were on sale. I'd hardly pay over €200 for a pair, Anyhow she was looking for knee length ones but I tried to suprise her with something similar before and the heels were nearly six inches and she couldn't really walk on them . Anyone have links to sites and advice on purchase etc...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

thesultan wrote: »
    Thinking of getting the girlfriend a pair for Christmas but I remember her looking at some that were on sale. I'd hardly pay over €200 for a pair, Anyhow she was looking for knee length ones but I tried to suprise her with something similar before and the heels were nearly six inches and she couldn't really walk on them . Anyone have links to sites and advice on purchase etc...?

I'd be nothing short of flabbergasted if you got knee-high Louboutins for anywhere near €200, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

I thought I saw them on some site she was on recently, Don't ask me for a link now. What is the standard height for heels without doing a naomi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I thought I saw them on some site she was on recently

For €200 they are Chinese fakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

They aren't Christian Louboutin boots if they cost that, even on sale. If they are that cheap then they are fakes. I wouldn't be happy to get fake designer anything as a gift tbh. If you have a budget of 200 then you could get her some nice boots on the high street or even a genuine designer handbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

dont buy tem if they are 200 euro as they are definately fake...the shoes are 400+ usually so boots would certainly be more expensive !!!
    I would hate if someone bough me fake designer boots !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

You would pay around €1000 for knee high Louboutins, maybe more depending on the style.

I don't think you will get anything for less than €200. Most of the shoes are around the €500 mark.

Valentina wrote: »
    You would pay around €1000 for knee high Louboutins, maybe more depending on the style.

I don't think you will get anything for less than €200. Most of the shoes are around the €500 mark.

Yep, just to give an example, net a porter have a few knee high Louboutins - this pair of black 'classic' style boots are £795 and they are the cheapest

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/198647

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 to everything above, the site she was looking at was for fakes.

Another poster mentioned this site recently and picked up a beautiful pair of boots http://www.modainpelle.com/CategoryDisplay.aspx?department=Ladies+Boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Twee. wrote: »

Another poster mentioned this site recently and picked up a beautiful pair of boots http://www.modainpelle.com/CategoryDisplay.aspx?department=Ladies+Boots

T'was me. As mentioned OP the boots are going to set you back about €1000. If you get fakes she really won't appreciate it.

As Twee mentioned I recently bought the missus a pair of 'Tibbs' boots from the company above. While not designer they certainly look the part and are I think well worth the investment. I got her the pair below:

http://www.modainpelle.com/Tibbs-in-Black

Another company you could look at are based in Austria. They have an awful website but their footwear is of a fantastic quality and very well priced given the quality of leather used. Again I bought a pair of boots for the other half and she was delighted. Several other posters here also bought the same a few years ago as well.

http://www.arollo.net/knee-high-nappa-leather-stiletto-boots

In terms of heel height, 3-4 inches is were you need to be. Anything lower doesn't have that classic look and anything higher looks silly and as you found out, can be unwearable for her good self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yep as the others have said, a pair of CL knee-high boots will cost around €1,000. So don't waste your money buying some cheapo fakes for your gf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Twee. wrote: »

I was just about to reference Kintarō's boots - they are lovely looking and not ridiculous money.

It's better to pay for real brand name boots, rather than buy knock-offs.

To all the women hear how tall is too tall for heels?

To all the women hear how tall is too tall for heels?

No such thing as too tall for heels. My friend Karen is 6' in her bare feet and wears skyscraper heels on a night out.

I'm 5' 7" and wear a minimum of a 4.5" heel all the time. I don't actually own a pair of flats. Casual Friday, I'm in skate shoes.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    No such thing as too tall for heels. My friend Karen is 6' in her bare feet and wears skyscraper heels on a night out.

I'm 5' 7" and wear a minimum of a 4.5" heel all the time. I don't actually own a pair of flats. Casual Friday, I'm in skate shoes.

I think he means how high as in the heel height.

I think he means how high as in the heel height.

Ah, ok! I've never heard of heel height being referred to as "how tall" before.

Well, as I said, 4.5" is my "everyday" heel, I'd go up to 5.5" for a night out. It very much depends on how used to heels the OP's missus is, though. I know some women who can barely walk in anything over about 2".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

dudara wrote: »

I was just about to reference Kintarō's boots - they are lovely looking and not ridiculous money.

It's better to pay for real brand name boots, rather than buy knock-offs.
    That site seems to have some good stuff although they do seem to get their inspiration for some models from other brands. I had to go and look at a pair of Guess boots I own to see what the difference is with from a pair of nonbranded boots on that site. I got them for about 20 euros more on sale and they are a bit nicer although there is very little difference.

Found a site. Heels are 14 cm, Five and a half inches. I that too big?

http://www.eluxury.ws/Product_List.asp?sort1=2&sort2=25&brand=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I got my girlfriend a pair of the shoes and they were almost 3 times that... I'd say the boots are silly money

Those are fake Louboutins. Please don't buy from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Agreed.Id say a apir of boots wouldnt be less than 500 and thats on sale

What style is she after?

• Advertisement

OP you came to the forum seeking advice and you've been given it. There are only a few places online you can buy the boots. As pointed out a genuine pair of Christian Louboutin boots will cost around the €1000 mark. Us telling you this isn't because we don't know what we're talking about or that we don't know of a site that has them at a bargain price. No site has them at a bargain price.

Unlike mainstream brands which are regularly discounted and can be picked up at a bargain price, a designer brand such as Louboutins are much much more controlled and really only Net a Porter are authorized to sell online. If and I mean IF you received your order from the site above you will in almost all likelihood receive a pair of ill fitting boots shoddily put together.

Let's look at things from this perspective. The first link below is a pair of boots from the site you found:
    http://www.eluxury.ws/Product_Details.asp?id=17429 - €135.35

The genuine article on the sole authorized site:
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/198647 - €865

There's a reason these boots are coveted by women. They are limited in availability and expensive, therefore they are a 'status symbol'.

Please don't waste your money buying fakes. If you receive your order there's a very high probability they'll be poorly made and won't fit properly. You'll also actively be supporting a rip off product and lastly and most importantly you'd be missing the whole point of a designer pair of boots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Nice boots op,good luck in the search.Im a fan of boots on a lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

fake again op. please dont; i guarantee when they arrive they'll look nothing like the screen pic and will be of very poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Anything that has Ireland in the web address is FAKE.

I don't understand why you came here asking advice and all of the responses have been that all these sites are fake. Are you not taking this advice on board? Or is it fakes you are after?

Let's look at things from this perspective. The first link below is a pair of boots from the site you found:
    http://www.eluxury.ws/Product_Details.asp?id=17429 - €135.35

The genuine article on the sole authorized site:
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/198647 - €865

There's a reason these boots are coveted by women. They are limited in availability and expensive, therefore they are a 'status symbol'.

Please don't waste your money buying fakes. If you receive your order there's a very high probability they'll be poorly made and won't fit properly. You'll also actively be supporting a rip off product and lastly and most importantly you'd be missing the whole point of a designer pair of boots.

You can even see on the pic on the dodgy site that there is an imperfection at the very top of the inside of the heel on the boot closest to the camera.

Seriously OP don't buy from this site or any other site selling fakes. Are you just ignoring all the advice you have been given here?! As the poster above stated, you will most likely receive a shoddy, ill fitting product - and that's if you even get them at all!

Unrelated but that's actually a really good price considering they are £795 on the UK version of the site.

Calm down a bit. I think she knew this. She was hardly splashing out a grand in this day and age for shoes

Calm down a bit. I think she knew this. She was hardly splashing out a grand in this day and age for shoes

The point we're making is that these are more than likely poor copies which are worth around €20 not €200. Don't waste your money.

Surely at €150 or so they can't be THAT bad?

• Advertisement

Well I can't say for sure but it's an awful risk.

I got stung with fake Ugg boots last year. I honestly thought I was buying genuine ones on sale - I paid €90 as opposed to around €200.

They were dreadful - I've bought better quality copies in penneys for a tenner.

Just exercise extreme caution. €150 is still a lot of money. You could get fab boots in the likes of Dune or Aldo.

Sorry if coming across as negative but would hate to see anyone ripped off especially for an Xmas present.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Boards.ie does not condone the buying or selling of couterfeit goods, as mentioned in our charter. Please, no more links to fake websites, or recommending to buy fakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If it's red soles you want, there's half a dozen shops on Grafton street in DUblin selling non-knockoffs. for your budget.

Actually they probably are. Those sellers are banking on the fact that you want the real item so badly, that you'd pay that much for a poor quality fake.

You're much better off taking that €150 and using it to buy a good quality, moderately priced brand.

Advertisement