Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is with all the construction gear out the front of the college...

• 27-11-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭

does anyone know what they are building next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

patdshaker wrote: »
    does anyone know what they are building next?

I hope its some extra car parking spaces..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

b757 wrote: »

I hope its some extra car parking spaces..
    I was thinking that myself. It looks like it, so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

its a research building. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

Yeah it's a research building because that's so desperately needed, who needs more parking or library space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

It's a new Research and Development building. Will house all campus companies, research and development staff, post grads and have lab space. Supposed to be finished this time next year.

VEC supposed to be moving to a site out the road and then I presume that will be extra car parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

Meathlass wrote: »
    It's a new Research and Development building. Will house all campus companies, research and development staff, post grads and have lab space. Supposed to be finished this time next year.

VEC supposed to be moving to a site out the road and then I presume that will be extra car parking.

Well if thats true then won't they have the old VEC building for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

patdshaker wrote: »
    Well if thats true then won't they have the old VEC building for that?

Have you seen the VEC building? It's not fit for purpose for that. The new R & D building will be 3 storeys and all that space is needed so it wouldn't be an option to use that existing building. Plus the deal isn't done with the VEC yet and they need the R & D labs up and running so not really an option to wait.

Advertisement