Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest thing you've seen in the pub.

• 27-11-2012 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

Seen a guy send himself a text one night by mistake. Didnt realise it was from himself and then when his effort to find out who it was resulted in getting asked a string of questions he launched into a full scale row with himself. Ended up with him ringing his own number and leaving a voice mail threatening to kill himself.

Good times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Scioch wrote: »
    Seen a guy send himself a text one night by mistake. Didnt realise it was from himself and then when his effort to find out who it was resulted in getting asked a string of questions he launched into a full scale row with himself.

How did he have a row with himself? Via text message? :confused:

I just don't see how that could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

this happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    How did he have a row with himself? Via text message? :confused:

Everything he sent came back but he didnt recognise the number and as he was drunk he didnt realise it was the exact message he was sending. He thought the other guy was taking the piss out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Scioch wrote: »
    Everything he sent came back and as he was drunk he didnt realise it was the exact message he was sending. He thought the other guy was taking the piss out of him.

That's a very special type of drunk.

The type of drunk we refer to as Cowen-Drunk where I come from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That's a very special type of drunk.

The type of drunk we refer to as Cowen-Drunk where I come from.

It was just one of those innocent mistakes that confuses you for a second. But when your drunk it takes a hell of a lot more effort to cop on to whats actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The results of a British navy lads p1ss up "pull a pig competition" in Cork City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

saw a girl walk down a small flight of stairs, was only 4-5 steps from one level of a pub to another, stumbled on the last one and grabbed the handrail. standing there laughing to her friends about it, not realising that one of her boobs popped out of her low cut top on her journey, she was standing there for a good 10-15 seconds before she realised, and went purple and ran out of the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Purple seems to be the preferred color on occasions like these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Myself having one and only one pint (with no small ones or lines etc.). Very odd and would be insanely funny to anyone who knows the real-life me.
    I put it right the day after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

In the pub one Sunday eve and this auld one who was half asleep on a bar stool at the corner of the bar just hopped up of the seat and straight out the door she went, my partner looks at we like wtf going there!!! These two girls were standing at the bar and one of them with a red dress went and sat on the seat the auld one left, 2seconds later she leaves of a howl of a scream and jumps of the seat, her red dress around her back side had gone a nice dark red the auld one had pi**ed the seat..... The pub erupted in laughter the poor girl legged it out of the bar..... 'twas funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

In Geoffs in Waterford, there's 3 stone steps from one level to another (on the right side as you're going in by the spiral stairs, if anyone knows it). I think it was Christmas Eve or New Years Eve so the place was packed, some guy decided to jump off the top step but there's a low ceiling just after the steps so he managed to closeline himself and fell backwards onto his back :D He dusted himself off and proceeded on his way as if nothing had happened, despite the people roaring laughing at him!

Advertisement