Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pure new bee question - go easy!!

Options
  • 27-11-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hey .. only very recently started playing texas hold,em and have a couple of questions ... I dont like to ask at the game as some of the players seem a little serious and all tough the money involved is max 15 euro .. I for one dont wanna sound stupid .. and 2 ... annoy anyone! :o

the last few times I played .. No one seems to raise the bets say when it comes down to 2 -3 players .. so say the blinds are 100/200.. everyone else has either folded or checked... then the flop comes ... then player A will raise and every one checks... Its just so happenes no one wants to raise this guy.. but its happening alot... from playing the app on my phone... it seems you can raise all you like alomost... what im trying to ask is... if the flop comes.. player A raises 500... can I add an additional 250 onto his 500? I triedthis before but the dealer didnt hear me correctly so there was confusion as to what was going on... its just weird seeing so many bets checked and not met with a raise from someone else who has come this far..
    hope this makes sense ? bare with me

also after the break i someone managed to have the 2nd highest chip stack ... there were 8 players left ( I guess it was beginners luck! :confused:
    I was unsure of what to do as this was very new to me and a first.. I was afraid to bully ppl off the board as the cards i was delt ,, were a bit week,
    what would have been a better way to play? am only getting used to the patience of the game.. marathoon not a sprint

thanks for reading

any help greatly welcome

thanks

Mark

Comments

Advertisement