Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Climbing In Cot

Options
  • 27-11-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

How do you get baby go to sleep and stop this ?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Grobags* :D

Thwarts the most determined of little escape artists!

*there are plenty other brands on the market other than grobag, we got ours in mothercare.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

He is 10 months and every night we put to bed he wants to stand and walk from side to side. He loves it. He not very steady on feet and I am afraid he will fall and break his neck so I stay in.room. I figure it's best to let him walk off energy etc. I.am not sure.though if this is helpjng. I an just.afraidhe will fall and hurt himself. Also lasr two morns he waking a 5am sitting up immediately and trying to climb out. Is this normal ?

Neyite wrote: »
    Grobags* :D

Thwarts the most determined of little escape artists!

*there are plenty other brands on the market other than grobag, we got ours in mothercare.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Absolutely normal and he will not break his neck, arms, or anything else. As for growbags, pfft, that just ups the challange! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

He won't hurt himself climbing around, the mattress is soft if he falls. Also he will get into the habit of needing you in the room to fall asleep. Put him into bed, tuck him in, if he gets up just leave him. He will get bored after a few mins and fall asleep, then tuck him back in when sound asleep. Eventually he will associate bed with sleep, also keep room dark or only a night light on, will cause less distraction.
    On another note, its just a phase, he is finding his feet (excuse the pun), will pass in a few weeks months, enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

when our son first started standing up in his cot, he slipped and fell and smashed his mouth on the edge of the cot, so it is certainly possible for them to hurt themselves. saying that, he has always been very tall for his age, so if yours can't get his mouth that high then it probably won't be a worry for you like it was for us.

he's doing it because he can and it's new and exciting for him to do (like most things), so try and encourage him to stand up using furniture and other things downstairs to wear him out before bedtime and lessen his need to keep doing it in the cot at bedtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Thats is what I am scared of. Smashing mouth of rails or serious injury? I dunno about leaving him.on.his own.for.too long. Terrifed he hurt himself!

vibe666 wrote: »
    when our son first started standing up in his cot, he slipped and fell and smashed his mouth on the edge of the cot, so it is certainly possible for them to hurt themselves. saying that, he has always been very tall for his age, so if yours can't get his mouth that high then it probably won't be a worry for you like it was for us.

he's doing it because he can and it's new and exciting for him to do (like most things), so try and encourage him to stand up using furniture and other things downstairs to wear him out before bedtime and lessen his need to keep doing it in the cot at bedtime.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not worry! They all do it.
    My 1 year old broke one of the under bars of her cot jumping excitedly! I sometimes thing gro bags can be a bit more dangerous at this stage as it is easier to loose their footing and fall over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My l/o is only 7 months so no advise re standing in the cot. How about getting a camera monitor. You can keep an eye that he isnt getting up to anything too dangerous while not being in the room so he wont get used to you being there. We have one for our l/o and find it a great help. Only problem is it interfears something shocking with wifi so have to have volume turned right down but have a sound monitor anyway. Wifi still works perfect though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Neyite wrote: »

It doesnt stop my fella :rolleyes:

I think its the long hard slog of just putting him back down til he falls asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

as of tonight my little fella has discovered how to open zips. out goes the papouse:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement