Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on This Connemara, Please ...

Options
  • 27-11-2012 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

I know you cannot fully judge a pony based on only a photo, but for what it's worth, what are your initial impressions of this young filly foal?

DunMare.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Seems fairly in proportion (although hard to tell with photo), pretty head, bit of a straight back leg which might impede a powerful jump but not necessarily. The grass is covering her feet and can't really judge much more from a photo.

How old is the filly? What do you need the judgement for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭KingOfBreifne

Really just trying to get a bit of initial advice from some folks who know the Connemara standard well before deciding if I want to pursue a possible purchase any further. This filly is a good distance from me, and I'd have to take my friend who knows Connemaras much better than I do at this stage.

Not necessarily going to be a jumper ... more as a riding pony and a pet. :)

We're really just getting into the ponies, so I'm just looking to compile a good number of opinions on possible purchases.

This filly definitely has good breeding lines (jumpers) based on the names of the dam and sire. I'd say she's around one year of age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭KingOfBreifne

Here's one more photo from a slightly different angle ...

DunMare2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I'd have to take my friend who knows Connemaras much better than I do at this stage.

This is a very good idea :)

It is difficult to properly from one picture but she seems a fair enough pony.

Edit: be sure her mouth is okay... I don't like the look of bits in yearlings...

Advertisement